To Binge or Not to Binge: 4 New Binge-Worthy TV Series

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With a new year comes new shows to watch! I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new television shows. Here are four TV series that are certified binge-worthy!

“Bridgerton” (Netflix)

At this point, I think everyone has heard of Bridgerton. Centered around the Bridgerton family in Regency England during the matchmaking season, this drama is filled with scandal, romance, betrayal, and a good old-fashioned mystery. Be warned, though; this show does get pretty steamy. I wouldn’t recommend watching around kids or immature individuals. If you run out of episodes, don’t worry: season 2 is officially confirmed!

“Surviving Death” (Netflix)

While I don’t usually binge docuseries, this show is one of the few to make the cut. Surviving Death explores the possibility of life after death, covering topics like near-death experiences, mediumship and psychics, and reincarnation. A perfect show for those who are interested in death and the afterlife.

“WandaVision” (Disney+)

This show is impressive. I could honestly write an essay on this series; it’s that good. I really can’t say much about the show without giving away any spoilers, but it’s basically if you took Vision and Wanda Maximoff and put them in a sitcom. As with anything Marvel, however, there’s a twist. This show will suck you in, and it’s a must-watch for Marvel fans. Note: if you want to watch the show without seeing any spoilers or fan theories, I’d suggest staying away from MCU Twitter.

“Fate: The Winx Saga” (Netflix)

Was this series good? No. Did I binge it anyways? Yes, yes, I did. If you grew up watching the original Winx Club and are expecting this live-action remake to be similar, do yourself a favor: don’t. While I was thoroughly disappointed with the lack of diversity and significant changes made to the original characters, the plot itself is interesting enough to hold your attention. If you like Riverdale, you’ll enjoy this series.

Happy binging!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Cameryn Richardson is a sophomore at BU, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. Outside of writing for HCBU, she is an international peer mentor, involved in Art Club, and loves to find new restaurants and coffee shops to visit. Find her on Instagram @cvmrich!