brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best of BU Snaps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A few years ago, “(insert college name) Confessions” blew up across campuses. Facebook pages were created where any student could send anonymous confessions about their peers. Sometimes cruel, sometimes entertaining, and sometimes both, confessions pages are still going strong.

This year introduced a new wave of Facebook pages – college-wide Snaps.

The social media app, Snapchat, is popularly known for its timed nature and creative capabilities. It is designed to primarily give friends a snapshot into your life.

In February, BU Snaps was born. Students can send snapchats via username “BUsnaps”, BUsnaps@gmail.com or through direct message on its Facebook page.

While some of these snaps might seem slightly mean, they’re all meant in good spirit. Here are a few of my favorites:

1) The struggle. Any student can relate to this timeless issue.

(No more lame puns, I promise.)

2) The things you will inevitably see on the T. I like to think of the T as an adventure – you never know what you’ll see next.

3) Freshmen problems. I’m sure everyone (including sophomores up till alumni) can appreciate the struggle that is living in Warren Towers. (hint: fire alarms)

4) Of course, there are the daily issues with BU Dining. Props to the staff running their Twitter account for putting up with so many frustrated students.

5) Two words: my condolences.

If you want to see more hilarious Snapchats from the BU population, head to BU Snaps’ Facebook page!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.