The Best App of 2014: COeverywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you’re like me, there’s rarely anywhere you’ll go without your phone. Many people criticize teenagers for their phone addictions, but is there anything wrong with wanting to stay connected? Social media has become a persistent influence in our lives, and while too much of anything is a bad thing, normal use of social media can help students socialize, make friends, and document their college experience. However, constantly checking Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts can be overwhelming. Luckily, the app COeverywhere combines all of these platforms into one, convenient, free app.

COeverywhere lets users be anywhere in the world by simply circling a destination. Once you follow a location, you can see pictures and tweets from that area, as well as events and deals. All of these feeds are located in one place, so you don’t have to keep switching back and forth from different apps.

You can circle Boston University to see what everyone is up to on the weekend. Follow your hometown to find out what events are going on at home. You can even follow your friend or boyfriend’s campus to stay connected in long distance relationships.

COeverywhere also lets you follow popular events, like the Oscars or Winter Olympics, to see what all the celebrities are posting on social media. There’s also a feature that shows you what areas around the world are trending, a great way to ensure that you’re always up to date on what’s going on.

Have friends abroad? Follow destinations like Paris and London to see your friend’s photos in front of the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben!

Stay COnnected with COeverywhere!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.