Artists to Look Out for in February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Amidst the weather slump that is February, the essential motivation to leave your bed and strut to class is the right song. By this point Justin Bieber and The Weeknd have – regretfully – grown old. So, here are some new artists to check out this month. Discover them on Spotify or support them on iTunes, either way you’ll get a little more pep in your step. 

If you like country… 

LANco 

This isn’t happy-go-lucky country. It’s more Imagine Dragons with southern accents and small town stories. Even if you don’t love traditional country twang, this band might turn you onto the genre.  

Check out: “Trouble Maker” 

If you’re more into rock… 

Jacuzzi Boys 

Mixing garage rock with old-school psychedelia, the sounds of Weezer at Urban Outfitters. Good background noise for one earbud while multitasking.  

Check out: “Happy Damage” 

If pop is more your style… 

Zak Abel 

The next amazing male singer to come from Great Britain. This one is a nice blend of Zayn Malik + James Bay = easy listening with some killer baselines. Plus, Zak is not bad to look at.  

Check out: “Flow” 

If you’re a hipster and you know it… 

Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats 

The folksy boyband dominates bluesy country, minus the harmonica. The raspy voice evokes a nice angst that’s relatable but pleasant to stroll to class listening to. 

Check out: “S.O.B.” 

If the world is your dancefloor… 

Niki & the Dove 

Electro 80’s ballads drive this Swedish duo’s sound. Commonwealth Avenue could be a disco for you if you turned it up loud enough.  

Check out: “Play It on My Radio”

Hopefully, these awesome artists will help you dance the cold away! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.