8 Reasons Why You Should Call Your Mom Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I call my mom a lot. I call her walking back from class, during my free time, and while doing facemasks in my dorm room. I think the record number of times I’ve called her in a day is nine. Here’s why everyone should take a page out of my book and call your mom every day: 

1. She will listen to you ramble

When all your friends have heard enough about your COM 101 paper, she’s your first call. She’ll listen to everything you say and not get annoyed. Also, she will remind you what’s really important at the end of the day.

2. You can tell her anything – she’s your mom!

Your mom will not judge you at all. She’s always in your corner. Your mom won’t judge you for messing up on a test or paper, and she will make you feel better about getting a bad grade. She’ll probably tell you you’re putting too much pressure on yourself, and you’ll feel so much better.

3. She gives good advice

My mom and I are basically the same person so, chances are, every mistake I make she’s made before. This makes her the prime person to go to when I need advice on anything. Also, when I’m embarrassed or stressed about something she reminds me it probably won’t matter in five days.

4. Keep up with the gossip at home

Being away from home can be hard especially when you’re missing out on the lives of your relatives and neighbors. Your mom can keep you up to date on what your cousins are up to and how your high school friends’ parents are doing.

5. To tell her about your weekend

Your mom wants to know how your weekend was and if you had a good time. Also, she probably wants to know your plans for the next weekend. If you’re going to a themed party, she’ll probably weigh in on your outfit and have some interesting suggestions.

6. You can talk to your dog

She can put the phone on speaker so you can say hi to your dogs. It’s wonderful. If you’re walking down the street or in a crowded room people will probably think you’re crazy. It’s 100% worth it.

7. She misses you too

Remember, your mom was used to having you around the house for eighteen years, and now you’re not there anymore. At times, she probably misses you more than you miss her. So call her and give her an update because she deserves it!

8. She’s a good lunch partner (on the phone)

When all your friends are in class and you’re starving, call your mom. She’s a good go-to lunch date, and she’ll want to know all about when you’re eating and will probably request a picture of the dining hall so she can imagine herself there too.

Everyone go call your mom!

Hometown: St. Paul, MN City Editor at the BU Buzz
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.