Trader Joe\'S
Trader Joe\'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

8 Healthy Trader Joe’s Grocery Products You Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Time to stock up for your self-quarantine time! Used to dining out or going to the dining hall at school? Is grocery shopping a bit over your head? Well, sit back and relax, because I’ve got you all covered with a Trader Joe’s healthy grocery haul!

Ezekiel 4:9 Bread

No additives or preservatives are listed in the ingredient list, and it’s loaded with micronutrients and macronutrients that not only keep you satiated but also be healthy. If you doubt that this whole wheat bread will taste good, consider putting smashed avocado on top of a toasted slice of Ezekiel! It retains the original fine smell of the bread but is layered with a subtle acidity from the grain and the avocado.

Organic Multigrain Hot Cereal

Need to rush for your 8 am classes? Just simply put two scoops into a bowl with some milk or water, and microwave it for five minutes—you will get yourself a lip-smacking bowl of cereal. Top it with some blueberries or bananas to add more flavors and textures for a great to-go breakfast!

Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning

You can literally put it on everything—avocado toast, burgers, poke bowls, soups—you name it. This little bottle, two ounces of seasoning, is so versatile. It magically upgrades your food with crunchy and salty bites. You will devour your meal with the help of it!

Chicken Gyoza Potstickers

My latest obsession is a quick recipe of these potstickers from TJ’s frozen section. The size of each potsticker isn’t that big compared to those you’ll find in Asian supermarkets, but it is filling and has a rich taste.

Beef Tamales

If you crave some Mexican food but don’t have the time to cook for yourself, give these beef tamales a try! There are no artificial ingredients, and they are very easy to prepare as well! Surprisingly, the filling is tender and juicy, not too salty or spicy. These are finger-licking good and perfect for a fast meal.

Plain Kefir

Honestly, I didn’t like its thick and viscous texture at the beginning, as it tasted far different from every other milk I’ve ever had. But when you give it another two or three shots, you’ll find it unexpectedly delicious. Pour it over your toast and put some sliced bananas on top—to die for!

Raw California Premium Walnut Halves

Walnuts provide plentiful antioxidants, which may reduce the risks for some cancers, and a significant amount of Omega-3 fat, which is an essential fat you must get from your diet. Grab some chewy walnuts as your snack while binge-watching Netflix!

Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea

Recently, I’ve been drinking it on an empty stomach every morning after waking up, and I found out that it helps with my daily digestion. If you just had a greasy meal, you can drink it right after to cleanse your stomach as well.

Any ideas for you next Trader Joe’s grocery run? I hope you scout out more options in the store and enjoy the shopping as much as I do! Mixing and matching all the products, you can come up with tons of creative and healthy recipes at home!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Zhilan is a current sophomore at Boston University. Being an extroverted introvert, she loves to cook healthy food, explore aesthetic coffee shops, and read mysteries.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.