7 Gifs That Perfectly Describe The End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Well, here we are folks, in the homestretch. The weeks between Thanksgiving and the end of the semester are famously hard and long weeks that really test whether a college student will pass their classes.

We’re all in the same boat of desperately wanting the semester to be over, but also desperately hiding from the reality of finals.

If hopelessly listening to Christmas music on repeat while you go over flashcards and dream of the Christmas cookies that await you at home doesn’t get you through it, maybe these uber-relatable gifs that perfectly describe that struggle of the end of the semester will.

1. Christmas Excitement 

Psyching yourself up with the hope of the inevitable Christmas season to come. This includes an excess of Christmas music, tacky Christmas decorations in your dorm, and of course, fussing over the perfect gifts to get all your friends and family this season.

2. Cramming for Exams 

Yes, we are all cramming for finals like nobody’s business. This includes gorging on coffee and staying up way too late on a paper you should’ve started days ago (but, you were too busy watching Elf for the 8,000th time).

3. Christmas Cups 

We all spend our last remaining dining points on the new holiday drinks at Starbucks. This includes wondering whether wasting 400 calories on a peppermint mocha latte is really worth it, then ordering it anyway because it’s the holidays and getting in shape is your spring self’s issue.

4. Crisis

Feeling all the more homesick and dreaming of the day you get to sleep in your own bed again perfectly describes a finals state of mind. This includes calling your mom thirteen times a day and watching old home videos from Dropbox while crying and drowning your sorrows in hot cocoa.

5. Gift Shopping While Broke 

It is time to spend your remaining dimes on the very best Christmas gifts for your friends and family. This includes browsing the ‘gifts’ section of all your favorite stores during lecture and adding more than enough perfumes, books and crystal jewelry holders to your cart, only to be swooned by a personalized Etsy something-or-other at the end (every time).

6. The Christmas Countdown

Making a cute Christmas countdown in your dorm makes the time go faster, right? This includes longingly staring at it while you work on all three papers you’ve been assigned and double, triple, and quadruple checking that your flight/ train/ bus home is still booked and running.

7. The End

And, finally, the inevitable feeling of joy and relief that comes with finally wrapping up the semester. This includes hugging all of your new friends goodbye, packing up your dorm for the break, and the unmatched love and excitement you feel when you finally reunite with your family.

Just try and not think about spring semester creeping back up on you too soon. December is a tough month to get through as a college student, but in reality, there is a lot to look forward to. Christmas-themed parties, end-of-semester celebrations, and getting to look forward to all spring semester has to offer. Stay strong, caffeinated, and positive and you’ll be fine. Good Luck! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Audrey Martin is a first-year student in the College of Communication at Boston University studying journalism.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.