6 Exciting Events You Can’t Miss in Boston This November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We are creeping into our last month of fall. The air is getting colder and people are losing their summer glows, but that doesn’t mean we have to hide in our man caves yet — especially when the city is full of exciting events that you won’t want to miss!

Ice Skate at the Frog Pond

Whether it’s for a romantic date or a fun time with friends, skating on the Frog Pond is always a great time. Especially if you’re with someone who doesn’t know how to skate, it’ll be even greater (and funnier). The Frog Pond Skating Rink for the 2019 winter season officially opens on Saturday, November 17, at 10 a.m.  

Eat at the Boston Beer and BBQ Fest

Warm up your insides with mouth-watering BBQ, local craft beer, and cider. On November 15th and 16th, the Boston Beer and BBQ fest will be coming back to Boston on Tremont Street. For $60, unlimited samples of New England craft beers and ciders, along with a sample from each of the 7 local BBQ joints, can be all yours. What else do you need in life to be happy?

Go to a Concert

Less than a mile away from your dorm room, Logic will be performing at Agganis Arena on November 5. You can get tickets for as low as $25! Other performers coming to Boston this month include Elton John, Louis the Child, Madonna, Brockhampton, and the Jonas Brothers. Check out all the other concerts happening here.

See the Light Show at Faneuil Marketplace

Did you know the tallest decorated tree in the Northeast is the tree at Faneuil Hall? It is 80 feet tall without the star, and is likely to be taller than Rockefeller Center’s tree, which is normally about 75 feet tall. The installation will begin November 8th; the tree will be put up and the lighting spectacular will happen on Tuesday, November 26th at 7:30pm. If you can’t make it in person, you can still liven the Christmas spirit by watching the live broadcast on Channel 4!

Watch the Rick and Morty Premiere

You don’t even have to get out of bed for the best event this month! Five all-new episodes premiere on Sunday, November 10th at 11:30pm. Organize a viewing party with friends or just watch at home with munchies ready. As Morty once said when his sister was having a meltdown, “Don’t run. Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV.”

Go to the Eataly Restaurant Fest

Restaurant fest is back in Boston, and that means that from November 1st through the 17th you can enjoy two-course menus from the Eataly restaurants for $18 or $28 – plus a bottle of wine for $25! Each restaurant has their own theme, chef, and menu, and you can check out the dining options on their website. What are you waiting for? Andiamo!

College is a lot of work and it’s easy to stay trapped in the library, but try to schedule time for fun! Playtime doesn’t only help children; it helps adults too. Play helps relieve stress, improve brain function, and boost creativity. Carving out leisure time will help you rejuvenate and then work better when you have to. Give yourself permission to play and reap the benefits at these exciting events!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets.

ielwaw@bu.edu
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.