6 Disney Channel Original Movies to De-stress for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As finals approach and stress builds, it’s always good to find some me-time and relax. And what better way to do that than by re-watching some old Disney Channel Original Movie classics?  We can’t contain our excitement right now, and you shouldn’t either as you check out these top 6 DCOMs that’ll get you through finals period.

6. Twitches (2005) 

Starring twins, Tia and Tamera Mowry, Twitches is a relatively easily forgotten Disney Channel Original Movie. But c’mon, twin witches? It’s Harry Potter mixed with the whole separated at birth trope. There’s sibling rivalry, romance and the whole saving the universe from the Darkness shebang.  

5. Cadet Kelly (2002) 

The golden time of Hilary Duff— enough said! When Kelly is sent to military school, our hearts went with her as she dealt with muddy obstacle courses, pain in the butt rules and trying to get her crush to notice her.  

4. Camp Rock (2008) 

This is real. This is me. There’s the cliché lesson about the importance of being yourself with a dash of Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers, catchy songs and elaborate dance numbers. What more do you need?  

3. Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior (2006) 

Wendy Wu is your average Homecoming Queen and reincarnated Kung Fu warrior who defends the world from evil. No biggie! 

2. Jump In! (2007) 

This Double Dutch extreme features Corbin Bleu’s dance routines and workout sessions and the motivational ‘don’t stick to the status quo’ routine. Who knew competitive Double Dutch was a thing?  

1. High School Musical (2006) 

We’re soaring! Flying!
 At the end of the list, of course, it’s High School Musical. We all tease about this series, but we all have to admit we still catch ourselves singing these addictive tunes. Plus, Zac Efron as Troy Bolton? Swoon! 

So take a few study breaks, and sit back and relax with a few of these blasts from the past.  

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis