The Laladoc Martens
The Laladoc Martens
Her Campus Media
Style

5 Ways to Wear Dr. Martens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The one pair of boots that will forever be a fashion staple are Dr. Martens. Ever since I discovered my sense of style, a pair of Dr. Martens was on the top of my list as the statement piece that would take my wardrobe over the top. The classic 1460 boot was my favorite because of how much personality it can add to an outfit.

Now that I have a pair, I wear them almost every day because they match so many styles and other pieces of clothing. So, here are five ways that you can wear your Dr. Martens or any chunky boots.

Change the Shoelaces

An easy way to spice up an outfit with Docs is to switch out the shoelaces. There are so many different colors or patterns that you can find on Amazon or at shoe stores. You could use some ribbon for a change in texture too.

With a Dress

Chunky boots with a dress is a great pairing that I love to wear. It adds both a girly and frilly touch to something structured. You can also add a pair of tights now that it’s getting colder to get the same effect.

With a Blazer

For a business casual look, wearing a blazer and pants with Dr. Martens dresses the outfit down. It’ll definitely bring in the dark, academic aesthetic that I, at least, want to emulate.

With a Pair of Fun Socks

Going along with the more minor changes to an outfit, wearing ruffled socks with the boots also gives a frilly touch. There are so many funky socks that you can wear with Dr. Martens!

With a Midi Skirt

There’s something so chic about midi skirts with Docs because, like the dresses, they make a great juxtaposition. If you want a fun variation, pick a skirt with a colorful floral print.

Hopefully you found some inspiration here to change up your look using one of the most versatile boots out there.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Madison is studying journalism and international relations at BU. She's from Washington state, loves drinking tea, and watching Marvel movies. Check out her portfolio and blog at https://dontmakelies.com
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.