5 Twitter Feeds to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As we progress further and further into the social media age, it is important for everyone—not just those involved in the communications field—to take advantage of social media. It’s useful to keep in contact with family, friends, and of course, getting your daily dose of current events.

This 140-character form of social media is excellent for many reasons, but mainly because it’s succinct and often entertaining. Think of Twitter as a never-ending stream of Facebook statuses in less than 140 characters.

Here are five Twitter feeds that every collegiate should follow:

1. @nytimes

They say you should eat your vegetables first, and here is no different. No matter what your major or job is, you should be following @nytimes for your source of daily news. Since each tweet is so short, you get a very brief synopsis of each news event, which is sometimes all we have time for, especially as finals season approaches. If you are interested in reading more about the stories, the stories are linked with each tweet.

2. @BUDiningService

Our very own BU Dining Services has its own Twitter, and if you haven’t seen it yet, you are missing out. This twitter is designed to answer any questions, comments, or concerns students may have about any of the dining locations on BU campus. The team behind running @BUDiningService definitely knows what it’s doing with its sassy, yet informative, replies to the students of Boston University. @BUDiningService even made an appearance at the Mr. & Ms. BU competition a few weeks ago, live-tweeting the different events with its opinions.

3. @BostonTweet

Tom O’Keefe created @BostonTweet in 2008 in order to spread awareness about local businesses, according to his website. On the Twitter itself, O’Keefe tweets about opportunities for local Bostonians to take part in, such as the Sports Illustrated cover photo shoot at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Follow this Twitter to keep updated on all things Boston, and who knows—you might find an event or two that you may not have otherwise considered participating in.

4. @CollegeStudent

Thought not necessarily informative, every collegiette can relate to the tweets posted by @ColIegeStudent. Feeling very unproductive? Feeling the stress of work? Feeling regrets from going out last night? You are not alone, and this Twitter account will show you exactly that. Sometimes it’s nice to know that you’re not the only one suffering from massive amounts of stress and anxiety.

5. @HerCampusBU

Lastly, every collegiette attending BU should be following Her Campus BU’s Twitter. With updates on campus events and links to stories specifically targeted to BU collegiettes, this Twitter is your one-stop shop for anything important related to BU. If you aren’t already following us, be sure to do so to stay informed.

While there are many other Twitters collegiates should follow, here are the five most important Twitters to follow to stay informed and be entertained.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.