5 Things to Push You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s that cruel time of the year where you’re either piling up on last-minute final assignments or studying for what seems like a million exams. Though this period of cramming, trekking to the library and going to study sessions feels like it will never end, don’t worry—it will. Not only will it end, but it will end with going home. Here are some things to keep in mind during this crazy time of the year to push you through.

1. Home-cooked food

As always, one of the absolute best parts of going home is the food. Though the food at Boston University is not nearly as terrible as some other schools, it can get repetitive and it is missing an important ingredient: love. As cheesy as it sounds, food at home is truly better because it was made by your mom or dad or someone that loves you and cares enough to make you a meal. So, while you’re grinding on that 50-page study guide, think of a week ahead when you’re home eating your favorite meal made by mom.

2. Your real bed

If you’re anything like me, you appreciate your college bed a ton. You’ve made it your own and it definitely has a similar homey feel to your actual bed. But, at home, surrounded by your childhood room, a few doors down from your parents, your bed feels even better. Also, my bed at home is exponentially bigger. So, just remember that studying may be painful now and you might want to stop and just lay in your college bed, your even better home bed is just a few days away.

3. Your pet

Personally, there’s nothing that gives me more motivation than thinking of seeing my dog in just over a week. If you’re like me and you have a furry friend that you miss probably more than your whole family combined, just think of the moment you walk in the door and see them after finals. Seeing your parents and siblings is always nice, but it’s even better when an animal is jumping up on your legs.

4. Reuniting with friends

Thanksgiving break is only so long and you can only see so many people. So while you’re typing away at your final writing assignment, think of all those people you didn’t get to see and remember that they’ll be there waiting for you when it’s all over. Since break is almost a month, old high school Friday night habits will come back and it’ll feel just like old times.

5. No work

Seeing family, friends, pets, and eating real food is all great. But maybe the greatest thing is the fact that there is no WORK! For a month you will be free of assignments, studying for exams, going to class and everything in between. Get ready for non-stop naps, show binging, and everything else you didn’t have time for during school.

During this nightmare of late nights and early-morning exams, don’t forget the month of freedom you’re about to have. Get excited about winter break!

Cover photo credit: Asics ULB

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia is a freshman at Boston University, majoring in Journalism in the College of Communication. She is from North Caldwell, New Jersey. Olivia enjoys writing, playing with dogs, and watching Netflix, specifically Parks and Recreation.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.