5 Reasons You Should Go to a BU Hockey Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

by Nicole Marino

As a BU student, it’s definitely worth it to go to at least one hockey game during your time here. Besides hearing BU’s incredible Pep Band, here are five reasons you should head over to Agganis Arena to see a hockey game before you graduate.

1. It’s an easy way to de-stress after a long week.

After a full week of classes, spending a couple of hours cheering on our team can be a really good way to have some fun without having to go off campus. Hockey games are a great way to take your mind off school and work. Plus, getting to cheer as loud as possible can be more stress-relieving than you’d think.

2. It’s free!

If you didn’t waive your sports pass, you can get a free ticket in the student section either online or from the ticket office at Agganis. Pro tip: get a ticket in section 118 if you want to be on the same side as the band and the Dog Pound!

3. Our team is one of the best in the country!

So many of our players are already drafted and end up going to play for NHL teams after their time at BU. Plus, they started out their season ranked second in the nation! That means you can come to a hockey game expecting a win and leave Agganis feeling better than you did when you first walked in.

4. It serves a reminder that BC sucks.

photo from: https://twitter.com/BUDogPound

Just in case you forgot, Boston College (which isn’t even in Boston) is our biggest rival. If you feel really passionate about this, then you’re in luck! Every time a player on our team scores a goal, no matter who they’re playing, we cheer, “Rough ‘em up, rough ‘em up, BC SUCKS!” There’s no better feeling than watching the Terriers take down the Boston College Eagles.

5. It’s a great way to show off your terrier pride.

A hockey game is a perfect place to wear that bright red sweatshirt you just bought from the bookstore the other day. Be ready to take a selfie with Rhett, who is always there to cheer on his team. You may even get to witness Sasquatch, our hairy good luck charm, help bring the team to victory.

No matter what year you are, going to a BU hockey game can be so much fun! They’re a great place for both students and alumni alike to come together and experience what it means to be a Terrier. And don’t forget, BC sucks!

Cover photo from WBUR

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.