This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the pandemic continues, it’s hard to come up with different creative dates. Personally, I always feel torn between staying home to avoid Covid and wanting to explore the city. I compiled a list of some of my favorite date ideas that are more Covid-safe, but still lots of fun.

Explore the New England Aquarium

The New England Aquarium is located in the Seaport District of Boston, and if you’re a college student, you can even get a discount on your ticket. Just make sure you book tickets ahead of time, or you may not be able to get in due to capacity limits. The sea life there is so fun to observe, and boy, do those penguins have personality. Personally, I feel like the employees did a
great job making sure visitors were socially distanced.

Make a Restaurant-Style Meal at Home

Going out to dinner is a lot of fun, but it’s not exactly the safest option right now. Pick a recipe with your partner, gather the ingredients, and become Gordon Ramsey for the night. It’s a fun bonding experience, and you get to enjoy the food you made together!

Paint Your Own Pottery at Clay Room

Located in Coolidge Corner in Brookline, Clay Room offers painting and “learn to throw” pottery classes. In small groups between 4-12 people, depending on the class, you can paint your own piece of pottery, or have a private instructor teach you how to throw pottery. Each class is about two hours, and is a fun opportunity to use your artistic skills.

Build a Fort and Have a Movie Night

I might just be a child at heart, but as an adult, I still enjoy making a fort and watching a movie in it. Pick a movie genre and let your partner pick the movie, and vice versa. It’s also a fun way to find new movies that you may have never watched otherwise!

Visit a Boston Museum

There are so many museums in Boston, and they’re all really well organized when it comes to Covid safety. You can’t go wrong in picking which to visit; there’s so much to look at and explore. Also, if you’re a student, you can get a ticket for free or with a discount. Make it an all day excursion, or just a few hours; you can tailor your time there.

Unfortunately, the pandemic has changed so much about our lives, and dating isn’t excluded. But luckily in a city like Boston, there are opportunities where you can still stay Covid-safe.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!