The 3 Things I’ve Read in Quarantine That You Should Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Over the past few weeks, I’ve rediscovered my love and passion for reading. From short stories and books to creative articles, I’ve loved taking time out of my day to be consumed by someone else’s thoughts or opinions. Since I’ve been doing this pretty regularly, I’ve found three great pieces of writing that I think a lot of us can benefit from right now. 

If I Wrote a Coronavirus Episode

TV nerds, this one’s for you! Vulture asked 37 television creators, writers, and showrunners how they would create an episode based on the COVID-19 pandemic. The article included everything from 30 Rock character breakdowns to how Jane the Virgin’s Rogelio would handle social distancing. It took away the confusion and frustration that this situation has caused, replacing it with the comfort and familiarity that television always brings us. Fingers crossed Parks and Recreation returns just for one day so we can see the COVID episode play out.

Abbi Jacobson’s I Might Regret This

As a college student living in the time of corona, chances are you’ve been through quite a lot of changes, including social and physical displacement. Being one of those said college students, I’ve found the idea of this sudden change most difficult because it happened during a time when I thought I had things figured out. This Abbi Jacobson read, however, has brought me comfort in that I not only accept the changes but go in search of them just like Jacobson does during her epic cross-country road trip. Plus, it’s filled with short essays, which are great for reading whenever you want. 

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen

Okay, here me out on this one: I find that turning to the YA books that brought me comfort when I was younger calms me down a lot quite a bit during these trying times. One super specific example is this Sarah Dessen read. When I reread for the first in around ten years, I felt just as soothed as I did when I discovered it. If no new read is making you feel safe and secure, I highly recommend turning to your old favorites.

What are you reading during quarantine? Let us know on our social media accounts!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.