This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The sun is shining a little bit brighter and a tad bit longer, the temperature is slowly rising, and it’s finally spring! Themed music can be just the thing to get you into the spring mood — I know it helps me! Here are my top picks for songs that perfectly embody spring 2019:

1. “The First Days of Spring” by Noah and the Whale

This is pretty much the ultimate spring song: the lyrics speak of optimism and new beginnings, and it starts slow but ends with eruptions of sound.

2. “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles

If the last song is the new ultimate spring song, this is the classic ultimate spring song. I’m sure you’ve heard of it, and for good reason.

3. “Cherry Blossom Girl” by Air

This is one of the prettiest songs I’ve ever heard. It makes you feel like you’re dancing under a bunch of fragrant cherry blossom trees, whether you have any idea what that’s like or not. Can’t say I do…

4. “Spring, pt. II” by ZEMA

Very obscure but catchy, this spring song from 2015 will give all the feels.

5. “April Skies” by The Jesus and Mary Chain

While touching on getting out of a toxic relationship, this song ties it all back to the omnipresent April sky. Fun fact: it was really released in April.

6. “Butterfly” by Grimes

Ethereal and sugary sweet, the subject of the song expresses a desire for freedom and it feels like spring. 

7. “Month of May” by Arcade Fire

Here’s a fast-paced alternative rock song about starting again and unpredictability, complete with the sound of rain at the beginning. April showers bring May flowers!

8. “Sunflower” by Post Malone

The perfect spring jam song. Post Malone has some amazing beats on his albums but this song was made for the springtime feels! 

9. “Dark Spring” by Beach House

This mysterious spring song speaks of space, creating an eerie but still uplifting atmosphere. It feels like springtime’s fresh starts. I’m pretty sure it’s about the other kind of spring, but it still works for the season.

10. “Strange Things Will Happen” by The Radio Dept.

Though not specifically about spring, this song speaks of growth and change. But from the first “today was a pretty day,” it has spring written all over it. I found it after the extreme 2015 winter so it definitely gives me that feeling. If you have a chance, I recommend the Stargroves cover too.

11. “April In Paris” by Billie Holiday

Going back to 1956, this song has blissful old-soul spring vibes. It may be hard to get to Paris whenever we want but that’s what music is for… right?

12. “First Love/Late Spring” by Mitski

A song about the twists and turns of falling in love, it’s perfect for those long sunny spring drives. (BU students: T rides?)

13. “April Come She Will” by Simon and Garfunkel

This song isn’t a happy one as it speaks of a short-lived love over by August, but at least it is alive and well in the spring. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here!

14. “Spring Wind” by Jack Johnson

As a cover of Greg Brown’s original song, Jack Johnson brings his usual carefree attitude to this calm, feel-good track.

15. “If You Didn’t See Me (Then You Weren’t On the Dancefloor)” by JR JR

Another song not specifically about spring, but this is the kind of carefree run-away indie song that encapsulates spring better than almost anything else in my opinion.

Whatever you choose to listen to this spring, I hope you have time to explore new options and really get into the mood with the beautiful weather and music to match it. Hope you have a great spring!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences studying marine science. She loves the ocean and summer more than anything and wants to live somewhere warmer one day even though she's spent her whole life in Massachusetts. She also likes music, night runs, and writing pointless things.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.