The 10 Stages of Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

By Eliza Shaw

Finals are approaching fast, and we are well into study period. During the study period, thousands of students freak out, study their hardest, and procrastinate. They also tend to learn three months of material in five days. Hey, it happens. We’re all feeling the stress and burn of those tests, and what follows is what all students go through during finals week.

1. You realize finals are next week.

Wait, like a week? Like as in seven days? Ok good…I got this!

2. You then proceed to have a sight panic attack…just a little one.

It’s totally normal to have a slight freakout. Ya know, the ones where you lay on the floor unable to move. Yeah those are the best…

3. You finally collect yourself and get organized… after all you are a determined student who got into college and has survived up until this point.

This is the best part of the week. You get yourself together, slap on a smile and remind yourself that you’re an intelligent and talented human being with a bright future…after all, they’re just finals.

4. You proceed to get distracted by literally any and everything.

After calming yourself down, you deserve a reward…I mean, that’s just common sense. Maybe some Netflix? Hulu works too…literally anything but work.

5. You consider dropping out of college and look up alternative options.

*Google search* Stable jobs you can get without a college education that will make me millions of dollars and I will also enjoy going to everyday…

6. You realize that dropping out is not an option and that your parents would not be happy knowing their money went to waste…

*Google result* HAHAHA NOPE.

7. You make an outline and study schedule… once again determined.

Pull out the colored pens, empty notebook and assorted highlighter…it’s time to get to business.

8. You then realize the only thing you have really done is created an outline…a very pretty color coated one…but still just an outline.

I mean, hey…it’s better than nothing. At least you stopped watching Netflix and wrote some stuff down.

9. You realize the final is tomorrow and decide sleep is more important…after all, that’s what the research says.

Look…I’m not looking for excuses here, but I searched many credited websites and they all told me sleep is very, very important. I’m gonna take that research and run with it…after all, I can’t question science at a time like this.

10. You walk to you final, both smiling and crying. The teacher hands you the test and a short 2 hours later…

Alright, it’s game time…open that Gatorade…eat that protein bar and get going, baby!

BAM. You’re DONE. AND. YOU. FEEL. LIKE. A. QUEEN.​

Congrats and try not to think about next semester too hard!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.