This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Upon entering the long journey of college life, it’s always important to make sure that we provide ourselves with enough self-care so that our body can function in its best condition. Here are five ways to make ourselves comfortable and to enjoy college life at the same time.

Music

Music is the magic of life. It soothes our emotions and calms our nerves. Different genres of music can be played in different scenarios. Personally, I have playlists for studying, doing make-up, packing for travels, taking showes, etc. Whether they are with lyrics or without lyrics, the notes and rhythms always get me. If we add a little bit of music to whatever we are doing, we might form new insights into life.

ASMR

ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, is a new trend on YouTube. ASMRtists use white noises such as tapping sounds and brushing sounds to relieve the listener’s stress. It’s used as a way to keep calm which can help to sleep. ASMR is definitely worth a try in order to relax.

Yoga/Meditation

Yoga and meditation have a long history from hundreds of years ago. Through practicing yoga, our brain and body receive physical relaxation. Through meditation, we receive spiritual relaxation. It’s not hard to practice yoga at all: all you need is a yoga mat. It’s even easier to meditate, as a chair is all you need!

Running/Exercise

Exercising provides us with strength and energy. We’ve also been told that exercising can help our brain function better and enhance our memories. If you want to test out these theories, exercise on a regular basis and you’ll discover how helpful it is.

Things You Love to Do

This tip includes everything else in the world. It can be drawing, reading, watching Netflix, eating, shopping, and more.The goal here is to bring you joy. As college students, making sure that we have enough self-care is the most important thing. However, pay attention to your time management as it is important as well!

Jianan Gu

Bryn Mawr '23

Hi! This is Joanna and I love cilantro :D