This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

It’s that time of year again: the two week stretch between Thanksgiving and Winter Break. Arguably the worst time of year, it’s freezing, dark at three in the afternoon and you’re drowning in work. It’s super easy to lose track of yourself and wind up feeling burnt out, unable to get through the day. To make your life a little easier, here are four tips for self-care:

1. Stick to your schedule: If you’ve set aside three hours to study for a final – stick to it. Cramming in that extra hour of studying instead of sleeping won’t help you as much as you think it is. It actually might make you worse off!

2. Spend some time doing things you love: Take a moment to do something that’ll make you smile – cozy up with your favorite book or TV show and just turn your brain off.

3. Get some sleep: The urge to pull all-nighters is strong, but it’s crucial to get a good night of sleep. Studies have shown that getting sufficient sleep boosts cognitive function, which will help you get all your work done.

4. Eat well: It’s easy to forget to eat when you’re caught up in finals week, but it’s important to eat balanced meals and stay hydrated. It’ll help with your mood as well as make you more productive.

Sarah Singh

Bryn Mawr '23