Reasons We’re Happy/Sad “The Walking Dead” is Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

After seven long months, we can now rejoice that our favorite group of walker slaying friends are back! Here’s a list of the reasons we’re happy (and at the same time sad) to be reunited with our apocalypse acquaintances

WARNING: Major Spoilers for Season 7, Episode 1 Ahead!

1. We FINALLY Find Out Who Receives the Dreaded Bat From Negan

The long wait left us both anxious and heartbroken once the season opening deaths were finally revealed, and they were probably even more gory than we ever could have imagined. RIP Glenn and Abraham, we only cried for three hours after those deaths. 

2. We Know That Daryl is Alive

Let’s be honest, if Daryl had gotten the bat we all would have lost our damn minds. TWD may never be the same without our coveted pizza delivery guy, BUT if we were to ever lose our ultimate leather jacket wearing hottie, what on earth would we do??? Time spent crying would be increased eiht fold and we may never be able to watch another zombie slaying episode again (yes we would but it would suck).

3. Still Don’t Know the Fate of Maggie’s Baby

WHY CAN’T YOU JUST GIVE IT TO US STRAIGHT TWD LET US KNOW WHAT’S UP CMON 

4. Getting Our Fix of Walker Deaths

OK to say that we are not deeply satisfied by seeing a gross walker meet its brutal demise is a straight up lie. You enjoy it. We enjoy it. We’ll just keep it to ourselves it’ll be our secret. 

5. More Eugene-isms Are Soon to Come

While we will certainly miss Abrahams dirty one liners, nothing beats Eugene’s greatest and extremely awkward lines such as “[Eugene chews on one of Carol’s cookies] You try one of these? They’re chewy. They, uh… got some fight in them.” and “The smartest man I ever met happened to love my hair. My old boss, T. Brooks Ellis, the director of the Human Genome Project. He said my hair made me look like, and I quote, ‘a fun guy.’ Which I am.”. We love you Eugene. 

6. We High-Key Missed Our Favorite DILF Rick

Rick was certainly having a pretty shitty day in the opening episode of this season but c’mon.

7. We Just Love Everything About TWD

No other show will EVER compare to TWD. Nothing will ever make us laugh, cry, and even scream sometimes like TWD does. We love to hate every second of it but no other show could ever replace it, no matter how many of our beloved characters they brutally murder.

Bryant University 2020, Biology major on the premed track. Just a girl who's slightly obsessed with chicken nuggets and sarcasm.