Problems You Face When You’re Always Early

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Things not being open yet.

Yes, it is great to be on time, but we tend to leave home 15-30 minutes early for everything. We have been locked out of work (store doesn’t open till 7 even if you’re there at 6:45) or we spend a lot of time sitting in our cars waiting outside wherever we’re supposed to be.

Trying to look busy, alone

At these times, even a dead phone is the most interesting thing in the world. Counting anything in sight also is a good way to keep yourself occupied. We spend a lot of time praying that nobody asks why were so early.

Being told “Wow you’re early”

Is that a good thing? It’s always been a part of who we are. We are not about to apologize for being courteous.

Resisting asking where everyone is, when you’re actually the one who’s early

Why is nobody else early? Are we even at the right place? *Checks phone compulsively until someone shows up*

On the rare times that you are late, it’s the end of the world

We’ve all gotten a call saying we were supposed to be at work 20 minutes ago. The heavy breathing starts, causing us to cry, and we think of how we will be fired even though our attendance is perfect. You walk into work and realize that nobody actually cares, and you are a teary-eyed mess.