Now Entering Spooky Season: What to Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Spooky Season is so close we can smell it! Her Campus Bryant loves this time of the year, and we’re writing this article to remind you of a few must-dos for this upcoming Fall! There are so many things to do, with what seems like such little time – but don’t worry, we think we’ve covered them all.

Now get to it, our spooky queens!

Buy Fall-Scented Candles

Not the first thing you thought we would start with, right? But really – the smell of fall deliciousness will, without a doubt, get you into the mood of the season. Whether you prefer more sweet scents like apple pie or pumpkin spice, or more fresh scents like crisp morning air, we guarantee that buying and lighting one of these candles will increase your mood tenfold.

Whip Out Your Warmer Clothes

Okay, it’s not too cold just yet. Maybe all you need are a handful of sweaters and a pair of booties, but the time is quickly approaching! It’s better to be prepared than caught out in the cold (literally). Who doesn’t love sweaters and leggings? The first day it doesn’t reach above 60-65 degrees, it’s time for your inner fall fanatic to return from hibernation.

Prepare Your Halloween Movie Marathon

This is a given. Our favorites are Halloween Town (all of them, duh), Casper and Hocus Pocus! Even if you don’t go with our suggestions, make sure you indulge in some of the best movies out there (alright, we may be a little too excited for spooky season).

Seriously. Get your gal pals together and binge. You deserve it!

It’s Never too Early for Hot Chocolate

Well, maybe August is too early. But still. When it starts to get colder, light that fall candle, put on your favorite Halloween movie, and have a cup of hot chocolate (and maybe some caramel corn). This will have you on your way to a perfect night!

When the Leaves Start Changing, Go Get Walking!

The best nature walks are the ones with leaves crunching under your feet and a beautiful array of orange and yellow leaves above your head. Grab your gloves, cute beanie and jacket – it’s time to get walking!

For Bryant Students: there’s a hidden path behind campus that has beautiful trees in the Fall (if you can find it)! Also, there are plenty of reserves and parks in the area that will be just as amazing, if not more so. Just do a quick Google search and you’ll be one step closer to the perfect “It’s finally Fall” Instagram post!

Caramel Apple Party

These are so fun! If you look on Pinterest at all of the crazy caramel apple ideas, you’re bound to find some unique, but still delicious, ideas for you and your friends! Who cares if it gets a little messy? This season only comes around once a year, so take advantage of caramel apples while you can!

Plan Your Halloween Costumes Early

You don’t want to wait until the last minute to figure out what you want to dress as for Halloween. The best costumes are the ones where you and your friends do a group costume. These are the funniest and are always hit – no matter how you spend Halloween!

Pro Tip: DIY costumes are the way to go! Again, Pinterest is our savior!

We hope this sparked your memory of your favorite things to do in the Fall. It’s arguably the best time of the year, so be sure to get in all of your activities before it gets too cold and snowy!

Happy Spooky Season!

Gif graphics from Giphy.com

Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.