elvis priscilla costumes halloween?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
elvis priscilla costumes halloween?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Ruby Bell / Warner Bros

Memorable Couple Costumes based off Iconic Duos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The leaves on the trees have turned to shades of orange and red and the air has become crisp and chilly. A wave of fog has rolled into every neighborhood. Jack O’ lanterns have appeared on doorsteps and spooky decorations have popped up on everyone’s front lawn. It’s that time of year again! Halloween is a holiday many know and love. It’s the one time of year when everyone—no matter what age—can reveal their wild and fun alter-ego that is usually kept under wraps. 

Finding the perfect Halloween costume can’t be difficult—Especially when it comes to creating an iconic couple’s costume. To make the perfect couple costume, the pair must come up with an idea that resonates with both of them. The list of couple costumes is seemingly endless and it can be a strenuous task to pinpoint which is the best decision. 

A great place to start is looking is at some of your significant other’s (or bestie’s!) favorite famous couples. Whether they are real or not, creating a costume based off some of the media’s most memorable duos makes Halloween that much more fun. Below you will find some helpful and fun ideas to use or help you gain inspiration!

09 98Ero095VESVYDksUghyr6s9yLR3YCx6of3y27CKF3 amLBaVY626pkioHXUl9IythiaTMzT b8Zul6MiYamJhCNpkGPprZurTSeuEeMlZ1N1

1. Shark Boy and Lava Girl gxY C3GR17 v1muXtdcj0XPwbNPBo cCob16sqhyDXI2RTttw4fV6FKEHhn4XeafHvUYKCFdRrMeoBg3h9dmUB RjJDDCqIGKljs9Na5zkyG7wPvywSqHCjVL2Dj35QW5hNFZAuiBd8vxKp4EXqv9vKO5N9cR

Everyone knows this iconic duo from the 2005 film, The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl. This pair is so much fun and definitely a great conversion starter. This costume can easily be bought, or one can take a more creative route by doing it yourself. Shark boy needs a grey base with his classic shark bite shirt. Make sure to include the fin on his back. Lava girl needs to include her hot pink suit with orange lava detailing. Also adding some pink to one’s hair is definitely a great finishing touch! 

2. Woody and Buzz WwCCCyovTNb2TE0omfThIh9cV4KRFuZwFRoLNUTsaSXXQhp g YnjAGCZYVRySJqD4QXPKEFkkVZ1W513zUqo5tEL2

Being Woody and Buzz from the Toy Story Series can be done with a best friend or a significant other! It’s a cute sentiment that shows a true bond between each partner in the pair. In order to execute the Woody look, one needs his yellow flannel and cow print vest. A cowboy hat and jeans will also really pull the whole look together. If someone can rock a pair of cowboy boots, then this look is perfect for them. For Buzz’s costume, stick to his outfit’s color scheme from the movie. Anyone can recognize his green, white, and purple space suit! One can also add the red buttons that can be seen on his suit in the movies for added detail. Be sure to include Andy’s name to the bottom of each other’s shoes for a cute photo moment. 

3. Pink Panther and Detective 

Sudtb6J3FkvSYSZ4h8xpg2lKHOAmVoh4p69 l4agBENlS3Q DI Wy05wB3CU2TghVnHlbAvDrEHH37NDR3xdyWGe6zrmtgiaGPdY5BLZIsZyuC5hWVAzB8wpJoOo9qO6DRS2ZvzCUyX5ePmMQ2q 272YZo t8hT8Zi4nSwMLjRnvNMsZ2YqgDTDvw

The Pink Panther and the detective costume is sure to get a laugh. This costume is both cute, creative, and definitely out of the box. This costume is not only going to be a hit, but it is also very easy to accomplish. The detective needs a trench coat, mustache, and their detective hat. One can also include a magnifying glass as a prop. The Pink Panther costume can be easily done with a pink body suit (or top and bottom). One should make sure to add the Pink Panther ears and tail. By adding some cat-like makeup the whole costume is pulled together! 

4. Cosmo and Wanda EPUxectCDhpNVSIlaFIGM9hGuQ7ItMMk5fjxsOcts7STaat9GdsQdVVVmJll1t aTNgN65RmTVbzhgWhp2oeUTr9QW3 0ws9pBTfZq0Q9fIkU6C20ox0CObWjMvuKuT0YyM0XemPtR30tsxXZXI vYshdAZCnOwky

Now here’s a couple we all know and love. These two are an inseparable pair whose personalities are so different that it just works for them. These two are easy to dress up as and have very basic attire. For Cosmo, one should wear his white button-down, black tie, and black pants. Cosmo is not Cosmo without his green hair so make sure to wear a wig! As for Wanda, she wears a yellow top with black bottoms, and of course her pink hair. Then add matching wands, crowns, and little white wings to accomplish their iconic look. 

5. Superman and Lois Lane tVcu9vX iO LJMgt DBJE noxYV91faI04f79LZyLh3iK9ayOvow7hR5Y5t2L4ac5cL tGAXS8QxvheSNeJ4bZwCn32nXF6mZVTJFdNQyD0 chJDovnTQ7b2ZyQbLUR4HMzbflb6bhh3R6HLd5jLDP5ttjlfKcA oj2rL2JPn5K2WqQHYVjp4uBVHA

Superman and Lois Lane are a great couple who have been through a lot together. Lois Lane may be Superman’s damsel in distress, but she is still tough and has a lot of edge to her. They are both studious and self-made, so a really put together couple would rock this look. For Superman/Clark Kent, wear a half unbuttoned white dress shirt. Wear his Superman symbol under and make sure everyone can see it! Then of course Clark Kent needs his office glasses (so he can disguise his identity). As for Lois Lane, she needs a classy office look and her office name tag. The couple can get creative with this look and the photos they take for a Halloween night! 

Devon Garvey

Bryant '25

I am Devon Garvey. I go to Bryant University and study team and project management. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority at Bryant and have been elected as its Vice President of Membership Experience. So, I am now in charge of our events and activities. In addition, I joined Her Campus my freshman year, and immediately loved it. I have always loved to write as well as find ways to connect with others. During my time with Her Campus, I have met so many amazing girls and have been able to share our stories with one another. Now, I have been elected president of Her Campus for the 2024 year at Bryant University and am excited to see how the club grows.