This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

To start off the spring semester, Her Campus Bryant wanted to give our readers a brief introduction to Greek life on campus.

We decided to talk with the eight new Greek life presidents to learn more about their involvement on campus and what’s next for their chapter.

Here is our interview with the president of the fraternity Delta Chi, Matt Poirier. 

HC: Why did you decide to go Greek?

MP: I decided to go Greek because I was looking for a group of people who were dedicated to being committed to active roles on campus, academics, and comradery. I felt that Greek Life at Bryant was a great way to find those people.

HC: Why did you decide to run for president?

MP: This is now my second term as the President of Delta Chi and the main reason why I decided to run for reelection was that I wanted to further push and improve upon the hard work and brotherhood that we achieved during the last year. My peers within Delta Chi also pushed me to run again and I am very fortunate to have such strong support from the chapter.

HC: What is your favorite thing about your fraternity?

MP: My favorite things about Delta Chi mostly revolve around the brotherhood and the people that make up Delta Chi. I truly believe that the comradery and the companionship that you find in Delta Chi is one of a kind and is hard to find elsewhere.

In addition to brotherhood and friendship, the events that we put on through philanthropy and community service and our dedication to academics are just a few of my favorite aspects of Delta Chi.

HC: What is your favorite memory from being a part of your fraternity?

MP: My favorite Delta Chi memories are the golf tournaments that we have put on in the fall of the last two years. The golf tournaments are played in memory of a fallen brother and support charities such as the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Jimmy V Foundation. The tournaments always attract many alumni and family members.

HC: What is one thing you are excited about that’s happening in your organization this semester?

MP: One thing I am excited about is the upcoming new member class in the Spring. I am looking forward to meeting and helping facilitate the new members into the Fraternity. Another thing I am excited about is the upcoming philanthropy and service events we will put on as the semester rolls on.

Stay updated with recruitment and all things Bryant Greek life this week at Her Campus Bryant!

Photo provided by Matthew Poirier.

Most likely to approach a stranger to say hi to their dog :)
Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.