Meet the Greek Life Presidents – Nick Parent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the second semester just around the corner, Her Campus Bryant wanted to introduce you to all the new Greek Life presidents as Spring Recruitment kicks off the week all students return.  

Meet: Nick Parent of Delta Kappa Epsilon

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go Greek?

Nick: Coming into college, I originally did not have Greek Life on my mind at all. I personally was not very interested in Greek Life until I got to Bryant University. When I met a couple brothers of Delta Kappa Epsilon, that is when my opinion changed completely because I started hanging out with them more and saw how close they were and wanted to share those same relationships. As someone who grew up playing sports, I knew what it was like being a part of a team and I always loved that feeling. Coming to Bryant, I was not going to play on any sports team, but I still wanted to have that team like atmosphere and DKE has given me that.

HC: When did you decide to run for President?

Nick: I decided to run for president when I was a sophomore after the semester that I had joined the fraternity (spring of freshman year). This is because I have always wanted to leave a lasting impact on something and if I was going to join a fraternity, I was going to give it my all.

HC: What are your favorite things about DKE?

Nick: I love that we are all so close with each other because most people perceive being in a fraternity as “paying for your friends” but in DKE we are all people that mesh well and will be friends for a long time. Also, during alumni weekend that we have every year, you can see all of the older alumni come back and get to reunite with each other. This is something special that I look forward to when I graduate from Bryant.

HC: Are you in any other leadership roles on campus? Or in any other clubs or organizations?

Nick: I am a Student Ambassador, the Vice-President of the Accounting Association, a Student Admission Assistant, and I play Club Soccer. 

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Bryant?

Nick: My favorite thing about Bryant is the tight knit community. I love that when you come to Bryant everyone is so friendly and it is not like high school where things were cliquey.

HC: What is your favorite DKE memory?

Nick: This year at our Golf Tournament was my favorite memory as being a brother of Delta Kappa Epsilon. The reason it was so fun is because we had all the brothers there as well as family members and alumni came back. This was an event that got all the guys together and it is something that we are going to continue for years to come.

I am a senior, Communication major and Marketing and Prof. & Creative Writing double-minor from Readfield, Maine.
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.