Meet the Greek Life Presidents – Matt Amaral

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the second semester just around the corner, Her Campus Bryant wanted to introduce you to all the new Greek Life presidents as Spring Recruitment kicks off during the week all students return.

Meet: Matt Amaral of Tau Kappa Epsilon

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go Greek?

Matt: I went Greek because I felt it was a great way to create some strong friendships and bonds.

HC: When did you decide to run for President?

Matt: I wanted to run for President because I saw a lack of leadership in our fraternity. I like to think I’m a natural leader who just wants to see us be the best TKE we can be. At the time, I did not see that leadership so I wanted to run and do my best to change our fraternity’s climate.

HC: What are your favorite things about TKE?

Matt: My favorite things about TKE are my guys. They’re the ones who’ll ride or die and be there when I need them. Glad my guys talk the talk and walk the walk and continue to be genuine.

HC: Are you in any other leadership roles on campus? Or in any other clubs or organizations?

Matt: Yeah, I’m a student worker for Bryant athletics and help coordinate on-campus promotions and ways to bring students to athletic games!

HC:What’s your favorite thing about Bryant?

Matt:I love the small size of Bryant, I think that really creates a sense of community.

HC:What is your favorite TKE memory?

Matt: My favorite TKE memory is probably when we came back and won Greek Week basketball my freshman year. That was surreal. The sense of energy and pride was something you don’t feel too often. Also, beating Sigma Chi and DKE in tug of war back to back years was sick.

I am a senior, Communication major and Marketing and Prof. & Creative Writing double-minor from Readfield, Maine.
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.