Meet the Greek Life Presidents – Madison Gilbride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the second semester just around the corner, Her Campus Bryant wanted to introduce you to all the new Greek Life presidents as spring recruitment kicks off the week all students return.  

Meet: Madison Gilbride of Sigma Sigma Sigma

Her Campus: Why did you decide to go Greek?

Madison Gilbride: The main reason I decided to go Greek was to join an organization that upholds the same values as mine and to be part of a group that is bigger than myself. By going through Formal Recruitment, I got to find just that. It gave me the opportunity to find that bond with women in the Bryant community I would have never met otherwise. I knew going Greek would open a variety of doors for me with unlimited opportunities towards leadership positions and lifelong friendships. Tri Sigma up holds values of empowerment, positivity, knowledge and love. Building friendships upon those values allowed me to find my home, my people and a place where I can make a difference. I wanted a place where I could build confidence in myself to do things I never imagined doing. I can honestly say going Greek was the best decision I have ever made, and I have truly been able to become the best version of myself with the help of my sisters by my side. With all that being said, I would encourage everyone to Go Greek and find their home!

HC: When did you decide to run for President?

MG: Being in a sorority and becoming President of that sorority has always been a dream of mine. Since becoming a member of Tri Sigma, I have wanted to be President so that I could give back to the organization that has given me so much in life thus far. Not only have I made lifelong friends, but I have expanded on my values, grown as a leader and helped to solidify the person I am today. This past year I have served on the executive board standing as Vice President of New Member Education. I was the person to teach our new members all about Tri Sigma and the Bryant Greek like as a whole in order to transition them into the chapter and the Panhellenic Community. Within that position, I have seen the ins and outs of our chapter, fueling my desire to want to hold my presence on the executive board to continue making an impact. As each event passes my passion for sigma continues to grow, I have a lot of ideas and goals for our chapter that I know in this role I would have the opportunity to bring to the table. I desire to inspire and motivate my sisters every day helping to make a difference and be the change these women see for the chapter, in order to continue making Sigma great for all generations to come.

HC: What are your favorite thing about Sigma?

MG: My favorite thing about Tri Sigma is our sisterhood. I love knowing I am a part of a network of women who friendships have been fostering since bid day and will continue to foster even after graduation. I have many multilevel relationships with my sisters to whom I look up to each one individually. Sigma is full of so many different people like honors students, club athletes, and other organization members. I know I’m surrounded by someone who has helped to make me the person I am today and every day I know there is always a sister around; whether it be the sisters I live with, have class with, go shopping with, or just hang out with.  As well as a support system of women that will forever have my back and be there for me, whether I need supplies for my meeting at 2 o’clock, a shoulder to cry on, a salmo buddy, or someone just to have a dance party with, these women are always willing to help me out in whatever way they can.

HC: Are you in any other leadership roles on campus? Or in any other clubs or organizations?

MG: I am involved in a few other clubs and organizations on campus. I am a Student Ambassador, a general member of Order of Omega, and the Panhellenic Council Social Media Delegate. I am also a part of the Marketing Association and CEO.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Bryant?

MG: My favorite thing about Bryant is how accepting and motiving our community is. As students we are encouraged to step outside our comfort zones, try new things, and be happy being who we are meant to be. It is recommended to join organizations in which relate to our own personal interests, work to grow as a leader and to become the best possible version of ourselves. As well as taking the University up on every opportunity that is available for one to accomplish their dreams and goals while having a variety of cheerleaders cheering you on along the way whether that be professors, councilors or friends.

HC: What is your favorite Sigma memory?

MG: My favorite Sigma memory is honestly Bid Day. Sitting in the classroom after going through Formal Recruitment brought upon a lot of nerves because of how much I wanted to be a part of Tri Sigma. After peeling open my envelope to find my Bid from Sigma, I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness. I was so thankful to have found my place and be able to run home to a group of women who were extremely excited to have me. From there, the rest was history!

I am a senior, Communication major and Marketing and Prof. & Creative Writing double-minor from Readfield, Maine.
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.