A Letter to My Ex: I Want You to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

I want you to know:

I want you to know that you just lost the best thing that has ever happened to you. I want you to know that everything you said to me I believe was a lie. I want you to know that the pain I feel is eating me inside. I want you to know that I deserve so much more than what you have given me. I realized that there were ups in our relationship but they could never compensate for the downs. I want you to know that I will never be taken for granted ever again because of you. I want you to know that I am stronger because of you. I want you to know I will find someone who will treat me like I know I’m supposed to be treated. I want you to know that I have overcome bigger obstacles than you and I can conquer this one. This is goodbye and there will never be another chapter in our story. I am starting fresh and you proved to me that you will not be included. I hope one day, you feel what I feel. How it feels get love taken for granted by your first love and biggest supporter. How it feels to get brought down by hateful words. How it feels to feel like you are less than nothing. How it feels to not be a priority. I hope one day you will learn that this will not get you anywhere and you will never find your happily ever after. I will, because I will have learned from my experience and will make sure that all these things never happen to me again.