These pictures are from i2i, a Bryant University event.
Hakeem Ottun
Life > Experiences

Her Campus x i2i Discussion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Her Campus had the pleasure of sitting down with one of the co-directors of i2i, Jessica Sanchez. We want to thank Jess for taking the time to speak with us about this International Student Organization (ISO) event on Bryant University’s campus. Continue reading to learn all about i2i, which is coming up on December 3, 2021!

When?: Friday, December 3, 2021

Time: 7:00pm

Where?: The MAC at Bryant University

Who are the co-directors?: Jessica Sanchez and Srujana Tammisetti

What is the theme of i2i this year?

Community! Jess explained that this year’s i2i theme was chosen since Bryant University has finally been able to come together. The show will reflect the overall community feeling.

What does i2i mean to you?

Jess described i2i as a group of Bryant students that come together to express their own culture as well as other cultures. Not only is this a great opportunity to get involved on campus, but “a great way to learn about culture is through dance.”

When does planning usually start for i2i?

Planning usually begins in the spring for the next showcase during the fall semester! This event is one of the biggest events on campus, so a lot goes into it.

What is the time commitment for someone who wants to join?

Jess explained that all levels of commitment are welcome! What you put into the practices will determine the overall experience you have with i2i. Students looking for a low commitment and/or high commitment are welcome to join. Scene leaders also help by recording the dances in order to learn the choreography in your free time.

How many participants are there?

There are an estimated 120 participants in the showcase as well as performances by aDvANCEd Evolution and Velocity Dance Team.

What is the usual turnout for this event?

i2i is a popular event on campus, so you do not want to miss out! At the most, around 600 people attend to see the performers. When tickets go on sale, try to get yours early to reserve your spot for the showcase.

If you were to sum up i2i in three words, what would they be?

Culture, energy, and inclusivity!

What should we expect this year?

You can expect to see an in-person event! The organization is excited to be back in person after having a virtual event last year. Jess noted that it will be more emotional for students due to the pandemic. Students are passionate! We are ready to see everyone come together to create an empowering event for the Bryant community.

Any questions?

If you have any questions, make sure to reach out to any ISO officers!

Again, we want to thank Jess and i2i for giving Her Campus the opportunity to learn more about this amazing event on campus. Her Campus is looking forward to seeing the event in person and wants to encourage everyone to go buy tickets once the dates are set.

Hi my name is Sam! I'm a Senior at Bryant University with a major in Marketing and a concentration in Political Science!