This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Oh no… It’s the day after Thanksgiving break. This is a two-week period of professors cramming every last bit of the curriculum and excepting you to retain it all for finals. It’s a hectic time, filled with intense study sessions, and also by presentation, project and essay deadlines. On top of this, most of us are mentally checked out and already in winter break mode. So, how can you make this dreadful two weeks a lot more bearable? Here’s a guide to help make these two weeks a lot less stressful this semester:

Create a Schedule: Many college students swear by an organized schedule. A comprehensive daily to do list is extremely helpful when determining what should be prioritized and can show that there is always more time in the day than one may think. You will be able to manage your time better and you will have a clear visual of all the assignments that need to get done.

Don’t Cram: After you’ve made your schedule, stick with it! Make sure you leave enough time in your schedule for studying and breaks! Rather than cramming all your studying into one night, try to add study sessions to your schedule. Even a focused 25 minutes will benefit you!

Use Campus Resources: Take advantage of the resources your university provides you! I personally find that the tutoring services and library facilities have helped me the more during these times. These resources are created to assist you academically and will help you to succeed during finals.

Maintain Self-Care: Of course, it is important to prioritize yourself during these weeks and focus on what is good for you! Make sure you include time to yourself and with your friends in your schedule. It is of utmost importance that you get enough sleep and maintain a healthy diet. A healthy body and mind are what will truly help you to succeed!

Devon Garvey

Bryant '25

I am Devon Garvey. I go to Bryant University and study team and project management. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority at Bryant and have been elected as its Vice President of Membership Experience. So, I am now in charge of our events and activities. In addition, I joined Her Campus my freshman year, and immediately loved it. I have always loved to write as well as find ways to connect with others. During my time with Her Campus, I have met so many amazing girls and have been able to share our stories with one another. Now, I have been elected president of Her Campus for the 2024 year at Bryant University and am excited to see how the club grows.