Bryant’s Best Kept Secret: Learn Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Learn Weekend is Bryant’s best kept secret. You might have seen pictures of it online and wondered what brought this very diverse group of students together. When I first heard about Learn Weekend, I asked around and nobody seemed to know what it was. So out of curiosity, I applied. I am always up for adventure, so I figured, why not?

Little did I know that my perspective of Bryant and the world would be changed in such a short period of time. I challenged myself in more ways than I ever could imagine. I broke down walls that I didn’t know held me back. Learn Weekend introduced me to some of the most inspiring people that I have ever met. Everyone had their own story. It was incredible to make bonds that would not have been made on campus, to find someone that you didn’t even know went to Bryant and become best friends. We often lose sight of what is important to us, Learn Weekend helped myself and others get in touch with our morals and beliefs that are often pushed to the side. Learn Weekend is Bryant’s best kept secret, so, I cannot disclose what we did specifically. But I can tell you if you are having doubts about yourself and where you belong, go to Learn Weekend. It will help you become a leader as well as teach you more about yourself and others.

Learn Weekend is a part of the Linked through Leadership program, this program will be running a program called Lead in May which focuses on service, it is definitely worth it to apply. If you are looking for any additional information for these programs ask Sue Zarnowski in the Office of Campus Engagement!