11 Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurants in the Area You Have to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Looking for delicious vegan or vegetarian food in in the Bryant area? We know sometimes the search can be tedious and sometimes difficult, so Her Campus has got you covered! We’ve scoped out the surrounding area and, well, eaten a lot of great vegan food! Be sure to check out these awesome places and share with friends!

Pawtucket, RI

Garden Grille 

Our go-to restaurant! Garden Grille is located in Pawtucket, RI and serves up some seriously amazing vegan and vegetarian dishes, such as these nachos (yes, 100% vegan), mac n cheese, tacos, quesadillas, burgers, salads, and more! Their vegan cheese and sour cream is to die for – try making your vegetarian dishes here vegan by asking for vegan cheese instead!

Garden Grille’s vegan nachos

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

Wildflour Vegan Bakery and Cafe

Wildflour is located right next door to Garden Grille – so you HAVE to stop by here for dessert! Everything in this bakery is vegan, from their delicious gluten-free cookies, to their raw cheesecakes, you’ll want to try everything. Besides their delicious baked goods, Wildflour also serves a variety of delicious drinks: lattes, coffees, teas, smoothies, fresh pressed juices, and more. And from 10am – 3:30pm, they offer some lunch options as well! Their 3-bean chili and cornbread is to die for, along with their avocado toast.

Pastry case at Wildflour

Wildflour’s Mediterranean toast, avocado toast, and caramel iced lattes.

Photos by Jocelyn Koury

Providence, RI

The Grange

The Grange, located in Providence, RI is a sister location to Garden Grille! The Grange has a different menu than Garden Grille, so you should definitely stop by here for brunch or dinner! They have vegetarian and vegan options here, ranging from eggs benedict and tofu scramble for brunch, to poutine and vegan chicken wings for dinner. (They have a full bar too, for those of you who are 21+!)

The Grange’s Oyster Mushroom Po’ Boy.

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

by CHLOE

Located right on Thayer St. in Providence, by CHLOE is a 100% vegan restaurant. (There are also locations in Boston!) Some of our faves are their mac n cheese, the whiskey BBQ burger, the spicy Thai salad, and the sweet potato air baked fries. On Saturdays and Sundays, make sure to check out their brunch menu! And don’t leave without ordering something off their sweets menu, along with a delicious smoothie!

byCHLOE’s Spicy Thai Salad.

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

Like No Udder

The world’s FIRST all vegan soft serve ice cream truck – and it’s located in Providence, RI!! Betsy Loo, their events based truck offers vegan soft serve, shakes, floats, frozen lemonade, creamsicles, candy bars, vegan jerky, and beverages. They also have a storefront location in Providence offering vegan hard ice cream with a variety of topping, soft serve, shakes, floats, their special “Unicorn”, and baked goods! You won’t believe that everything here is vegan!

Like No Udder’s vegan soy-based soft serve.

Like No Udder’s hard ice cream with toppings.

Photos by like-no-udder.com

Nice Slice

Nice Slice offers vegan versions of their classic NY style thin crust pizza. You can either choose from their specialty vegan pizzas or build your own vegan cheese pizza and top it with whatever toppings you would like! They have vegan meat substitutes, so be sure to try those! They’re open until 11pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday, for those late night pizza craivings.

Nice Slice’s half vegan buffalo chick’N pizza and half vegan space junk (vegan chick’n & broccoli)

Photo by Leanne M. on Yelp.

Nice Slice’s vegan meatball pizza and vegan cheese pizza.

Photo by Tyler G. on Yelp

Pizza J

Though not specifically a vegan or vegetarian restaurant, Pizza J does have some vegan options! You can sub vegan cheese for FREE on any of their pizzas, and they even have vegan ricotta, vegan sausage, and seitan for toppings! Check out their cauliflower po’ boy – it’s vegan as well! They also always have a vegan flavor of their homemade ice cream, as well as a vegan version of their homemade ice cream sandwich! 

Pizza J’s whiskey-cola bbq seitan wings

Photo by Tyler G. on Yelp

Pizza J’s vegan ricotta pizza with basil, garlic and red peppers.

Photo by Brad L. on Yelp

Smithfield, RI

Mai Thai Cuisine

Though not a fully vegan or vegetarian restaurant, Mai Thai Cuisine does a great job of labeling items on their menu that can be made vegan (or gluten free!) Try their veggie dumplings, the vegan pad Thai, or the spicy eggplant! (Or all three). They’ll even deliver to Bryant University!

Mai Thai Cuisine’s vegan pad Thai

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

Boston, MA 

Veggie Galaxy

Veggie Galaxy is your go-to for some amazing vegan comfort food (and sometimes that “unhealthy” type of food you just need to satisfy your cravings with). Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Veggie Galaxy can make everything on the menu vegan. Some of our favorites are the vegan buffalo chik’n mac n cheese with blue cheese, the vegan poutine, vegan mac n cheese bites, the vegan stuffed French toast, the New York Style cheesecake, and the Oreo frappe! You won’t even know what to get because their menu is so big. (We suggest just getting everything on the menu to avoid this problem).

Veggie Galaxy’s Buffalo chik’n burger

Veggie Galaxy’s buffalo chik’n mac n cheese with blue cheese

Photos by Jocelyn Koury

Whole Heart Provisions

With locations in Allston and Cambridge, Whole Heart Provisions is entirely vegan (and of course, vegetarian) friendly. They make delicious signature bowls, or you can create your own! Some of their best foods include the pineapple and corn salsa, the carrot and radish kimchi, and their miso bbq tofu!

Whole Heart Provisions Tazon Style Signature Bowl

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

FoMu

FoMu is a 100% plant-based vegan ice cream shop that makes ice cream from scratch with no preservatives. Some of their fan favorites include the salted caramel ice cream, made from a coconut ice cream base, and their cookies and cream flavor with house made vegan “F’oreo” chocolate sandwich cookie chunks. 

FoMu’s peanut butter cookies and cream flavored ice cream made from a coconut base

Photo by Jocelyn Koury

What are you waiting for? Go eat some good food!

Find me either eating some vegan buffalo mac & cheese or crocheting up a storm. Or maybe both at the same time.  
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.