Wellness

10 Ways to Give Yourself a Break from Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Finals week can be a stressful time for us all.  Between all the exams, papers, presentations, and studying, it can get overwhelming.  That’s why it’s important to take a break every once and a while and treat yourself.  Here are some of our suggestions on what you could do to relieve some stress during your last week of school. 

1. Do a face mask

Face masks are a great way to relieve some stress.  They feel great, make your skin look nice, and can provide you with some valuable relaxation time.  As a bonus you could technically get some studying done while you’re waiting for the mask to dry.

2. Paint your nails

Summer is right around the corner and we at Her Campus cannot wait!  Painting your nails or your toes a bright fun color is sure to give you a quick break from the studying and get you ready for summer.

3. Watch an episode of your favorite TV show

Finals don’t always give us a lot of time to sit down and watch a whole movie, but there is some time to squeeze in a quick TV episode.  Take a break for a bit and watch an episode that can make you smile and give you a break. 

4. Get dinner with your friends

We’re all busy during finals week and your friends could definitely use a break too.  Plan some time for you and your friends to get dinner together, whether it’s just a Salmo date, going out to eat, or ordering in- food is the perfect break. 

5. Go to the gym

We all know that exercise is good for your physical health, but it’s also good for your mental health too.  Going to the gym to work out can be a great stress reliever!  Take an hour of your time to walk over to the gym and you’ll feel so much better after!

6. Pack up some of your room

Finals in the spring semester mean two things, stress and moving out.  If you need to take a break from studying, try packing up some of your clothes or taking down some of your room decorations.  We know it might be sad while you’re doing it, but it’ll make the day you officially move out that much easier. 

7. Go get a coffee

We all know that college students run on coffee.  If you need to get up from your study space and move around, why not go get a coffee.  Use up the rest of your dining dollars in one of the cafes, or go to Dunkin!

8. Color

Coloring is an amazing and well-known stress reliever.  Whether it be a physical coloring book, doodling on a piece of paper, or coloring in an app on your phone there are always some options. 

9. Read a book

We’re sure many of you are knee deep in textbooks studying for you exams.  But if you need a break open up a good book and get to some fun reading.  Even if you only get through one chapter now, you still have the whole summer to read the rest of it!

10. Listen to a podcast

This is a great one to do if your eyes need a break from staring at a screen.  Take some time to put on your favorite podcast and relax into your bed for a little break. 

Her Campus Bryant wishes you the best of luck on finals, Go Books, Go Bulldogs!

Most likely to approach a stranger to say hi to their dog :)
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.