This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Many people have a love-hate relationship with going to the gym. Do you love the feeling and results of working out, but hate making time and putting in the effort to get there? For everyone that feels this way, here are some tips that will help to reduce the struggle of motivating yourself to get some exercise!

1. Get dressed in your gym clothes. Dressing in workout clothes in the morning acts as a constant reminder to go to the gym at some point during the day. If you are dressed to work out, it will be that much easier to stop by after class or dinner, rather than having to go back to your room to change where you might run into distractions.

2. Tell people you are going to work out. Make it known to as many people as you can that you are going to the gym. By telling your friends, you will feel accountable and therefore stick to your word. Just think, the next time they see you they might ask if you actually went, and you will be able to tell them what a great workout you got!

3. Go to an exercise class. Group classes are scheduled at specific times so you have to set aside that hour or so to make it to the class.

4. Go with a buddy. Asking a friend to join you is the perfect motivator, because going to the gym is way better than bailing on a friend. Just make sure you pick someone committed to working out; if you are ever low on motivation you can count on them to get you to the gym.

5. Treat yourself to some new gear. Set a workout goal! Once you complete it, reward yourself with new exercise gear. Whatever items you buy, you will want to put to good use and show them off at the gym. It is a great investment and will continuously motivate you to work out.

6. Follow social network accounts. Following motivating accounts can get you inspired to work out. Whether it’s fitness pictures on Instagram or motivational quotes on Twitter, these accounts are a daily reminder to stay fit.

7. Switch it up. If your stationary miles on the treadmill or elliptical are getting boring, try running outside. There is still time to get outside before it gets too cold, and the running paths around campus are a great way to take in the fall scenery while getting a workout.

8. Use Technology. You carry your phone around everywhere, so why not take advantage of all of the apps available?  Whether it’s setting a calendar event, reminder, alarm, or downloading a workout app, your phone will send notifications reminding you to go exercise.

9. Try a 30 day challenge. It doesn’t have to be an intense workout. Doing something active everyday for 30 days is a great way to get in the habit of exercising.

10. Free membership. “Technically” your gym membership is free while you are at school, so take advantage of this while you can. Just the thought of paying for a membership while on break can motivate you to spend as much free time in the gym as you can before it becomes costly.

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.