Life > Experiences

The Easiest Vegan Banana Bread Recipe I’ve Ever Tried

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

As the leaves turn red and the temperature drops, it is time for the fall baking season to embark. For all of us out there who are seeking quick and easy, yet healthy and tasty, recipes, I have discovered the following vegan banana bread. Whether you are baking alone or with your friends, the process of baking this banana bread as well as the final outcome will not disappoint.

Ingredients: 

• 4 bananas (preferably ripe)
  • 330 ml plant milk
  • ¼ nut butter
  • 4 tbs honey
  • 250g oats
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • White and brown chocolate chips 

Process: 

After preheating the oven in 400F, smash in a pyrex your bananas and add all of the above ingredients. Feel free to adjust proportions of ingredients according to your personal preferences.

Pro tip: make sure that the mix is evenly distributed and the baking powder is the last ingredient you add. When done, add the mix in the oven for 30-35 minutes depending on how solid you want the banana bread to turn out. 

After the oven: 

For max enjoyment, when you serve the hot from the oven slices, add on the side some ice cream to even out the hot temperature of the banana bread. Alternatively, adding some extra honey can elevate the final product significantly. 

The next step:

Once you master the recipe, if you are looking for creative options to mix it up, you can also add other smashed fruits in the mix and come up with different types of banana bread. Keeping the above ingredients as the core of your mix, take this opportunity to discover the hidden baker inside you!

Happy baking!

Athina is a junior from Greece studying Business Economics and Behavioral Decision Sciences. In her free time, she enjoys going to the gym and spending time with friends!