This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Another day, another Kanye-Kim-Pete update.

Pete finally chimes in on the feud rapper Kanye West unilaterally declared with the stand-up comedian. Davidson decides to stand up not only for Kim but also for himself. He adopts a firm yet compassionate approach towards West’s recent public outbursts of hate for Pete and swooping love declarations for Kim. Momentarily leaked texts between Kanye and Pete – shared by Davidson’s friend Dave Sirius – have yet to be rendered as fake.

Their texts read as follows:

Pete Davidson: Yo it’s Skete. Can you please take a second and calm down It’s 8am and it don’t gotta be like this. Kim is literally the best mother I’ve ever met. What she does for those kids is amazing and you are so fcking lucky that she’s your kids mom. I’ve decided I’m not gonna let you treat us this way anymore and I’m done being quiet. Grow the f*ck up.

Kanye West: Oh you using profanity. Where are you now?

Pete Davidson: In bed with your wife.

Kanye West: Happy to see you’re out the hospital and rehab

Pete Davidson: Same here. It’s wonders what those places do when you go get help. You should try it. I’m in La for the day if you wanna stop being a little internet b*tch boy and talk. You don’t scare me bro. Your actions are so p**y and embarrassing. It’s so sad to watch you ruin ur legacy on the daily.

Kanye West: You’re more than welcome to come to Sunday Service.

Pete Davidson: Why don’t we meet after Sunday service and saints game… I’ll be at the BHH we can have food and talk it out in my room. Private one on one. Man to man. What you are doing to your family is dangerous and going to scar them for life. Please handle these matters privately bro I beg you

Kanye West: You wanna see me

Come to Sunday Service

Pete Davidson: This isn’t public dude. I’m not here for pictures and press. Which is obviously all you care about. My offer stands. I wish you’d man up for once in your life. Let me help you man. I struggle with mental stuff too. It’s not an easy journey. You don’t have to feel this way anymore. There’s no shame in having a little help. You’ll be so happy and at peace. You have no idea how nice I’ve been to you despite your actions towards me.

I’ve stopped SNL from talking about or making fun of you which they’ve wanted to do for months.

I’ve stopped stand up comedians from doing bits about you cause I don’t want the father of my girls kids to look bad out there.

I have your back even though you treat me like shit because I want everything to be smooth.

But if you continue to press my like you have for the past 6 months I’m gonna stop being nice.”

Intense.

As a Comparative Literature Student, I’m trained to pick up any subtext’s tone. The rapper’s evasive response hints at discomfort in being confronted, which is why he picks at the fact that Pete is using profanity instead of addressing his concerns and changes the subject, wondering about Pete’s whereabouts.

The two entertainers leak aggression. When Pete claims he is in bed with West’s wife, West responds that he is happy to see Pete out of the hospital and out of rehab. The knock-out punch, for me, comes when Davidson warns Kanye that “it’s so sad to watch you ruin ur legacy on the daily.” Ouch.

Pete roots for privacy and long-term thinking, whereas Kanye endorses dramatic routes of action and myopic decision-making. It’s good to know that Kim’s current partner seems to protect and care for her, and a reminder to stick up for ourselves is always well-received. Let’s hope that the dust settles soon!

Cecilia Sarantopoulos is the chapter leader and editor-in-chief of Her Campus at Brown University. She oversees the chapter's published content, social media presence, and brand deals. Beyond Her Campus, Cecilia is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Literature (focusing on English & French) and Theatre Arts. Her written work on culture and style has been featured in prestigious publications, such as Marie Claire Greece and Huffington Post Greece. Cecilia is also a classically trained ballerina and a published poet. In her free time, she stays updated with media trends and the current digital landscape, with a soft spot for all things Disney. Enjoying a warm cup of tea, engaging in water sports, and watching a classic rom-com round out her list of beloved pastimes.