Improve Your Insta Algorithm By Following These *Two* Influencers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

It can be very easy to find yourself often scrolling on social media without a real purpose. Social media, however, can have a positive purpose — if used and curated in the right way.

During winter break I spent quite a bit of time filtering the content I was presented with on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube, allowing the algorithms to create a better understanding of what I would like to be shown. This much-needed cleanse led to my feed being dominated by self-care content and different tips on how to become the best version of myself. Instead of scrolling randomly, I now mostly find myself watching empowering videos and diving deeper into the self-improvement journey. Here are two of my absolute favorite self-help gurus:

The Wizard Liz

I have been watching Liz’s videos for a while now and what distinguishes her from the majority of other self-help gurus is her way of presenting her opinions. She makes it clear that her standards are high and that no one should settle for less. She tends to be very straightforward and does not sugarcoat her thoughts. I view most videos as if she is my older sister who is giving me harsh, much-needed advice

Tam Kaur

Tam Kaur is another one of my favorite go-to YouTubers. While Liz tends to focus on videos about improving your mindset, Tam includes videos about productivity, book recommendations, study tips, and more. The thing I love most about her videos is that they always end with something she calls “homework” which is a list of actions you should take to put the things you learn from her into practice. 

As college students, we lead busy lives and may not always have the luxury to sit down and watch 30-minute videos. However, both of these YouTubers’ videos can be found on Spotify as audio versions which makes it easier for you to incorporate them in your routine. Sometimes I have the video play in the background while I am cleaning my room or painting my nails!

Lyra Ymeraga is a student at Brown University. She is one of the writers for Her Campus and her articles focus on self-improvement and fashion. Lyra studies Computer Science and Entrepreneurship. Furthermore, she is a board member of Fashion at Brown as one of the Industry Programming Directors and she is also part of the design team. She is involved with Women in Business and is a member of the Kappa Delta Sorority. In her free time, she likes to journal, exercise, and have spa days!