This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Podcasts have certainly had their moment, with heaps of celebrities and public figures starting their own in the last few years. With so many, it can be difficult to find ones you like, and sifting through Apple Podcasts or BBC sounds is pretty frustrating. So I’ve created a list of my favourites, and a run down of who they’ll be best for.

At Home with Lily and Anna

For the person in need of a laugh

You may be familiar with this duo who rose to fame on YouTube at a similar time to Zoella. Lily Pebbles and Anna Newton are two best friends who, as the title would suggest, chat together from their homes in London and Brighton respectively. They discuss their favourites from the week from food, to tv to beauty. I always find this cheering as it helps me see joy in the little things. Then they’ll take questions from their Facebook group for the second half, with topics ranging from unpopular opinions, to weddings, to the 90s. It’s nostalgic, it’s laid-back and it’s also informative.

The Girls Bathroom

For the person in need of an agony aunt:

Besties Sophia and cinzia are like the girlfriends you never had. They discuss a topic from a listener, either ‘Boy’ or ‘Girl Talk’, and talk through their problem, be it ‘Should I move in with my boyfriend’ to ‘Feeling behind in life’. They also have ‘The Single Files’ where they talk through life as single women after both splitting from long term relationships. 

Get Your Glow Back

For the person who is always busy and needs to relax:

Get Your Glow Back is a wellness podcast by Madeleine Shaw, nutritional therapist and author of 3 cookbooks. Her holistic approach to wellness is so refreshing, focusing on nourishing yourself from the inside out. Madeleine herself used to struggle with IBS, noting her obsessions with Diet Coke and anything Low fat. When she moved to Australia for university, she discovered a totally new approach to diet and health. The podcast interviews a wide range of guests in the wellness scene, from doctors to dieticians to naturalists.

There you have it, my rundown of my three favourite podcasts, and whether they’ll be right for you. I hope you find one for you – happy listening! 

I'm Ellie, a third year English student and the Editor-in-Chief at HerCampus Bristol. I love sunshine, long walks and English breakfast tea! I write about all things health and wellness, with a few miscellaneous topics sneaking in here and there.
Her Campus magazine