Trust in HIM! How God Can get you through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

***Disclaimer: Her Campus Brenau is inclusive of all people, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. This article expresses the views of the author and not Her Campus Brenau as a whole. HCXO!

The walls are closing in, tasks keep adding to the to-do list, panic is setting in along with a rise in heart rate. Warmth spreads through the body as anger and frustration grow and build into a fit of rage and stress erupts from inside you. Do you find yourself unable to breathe until everything is released?

This is what it feels like to be overworked or over loaded with tasks. These things can include classes, homework, extracurricular activities, jobs, and anything that adds to your normal schedule which makes it hard to complete. Often times these things are important to us, but as individuals we fail to understand we cannot tackle everything at once. So why do you continue to add to the mountain of stress? You’re dooming yourself to the avalanche that is bound to happen at any moment.

This behavior results in unhealthy habits. As a college student, I tend to think I can handle the heavy workload instead of cutting back on the extra activities on my to-do list. In my experience, I usually end up feeling overwhelmed and drained from everything going on. These are just a few of the unhealthy habits that may occur when you have too much on your plate:

You drink too much caffeine.

Constantly venting about your problems

Obsess over things you can’t change

Eat food that isn’t healthy

Get overwhelmed easily

Don’t get enough sleep

Overanalyze

Don’t Exercise

Overload Your Schedule

Try to do everything on your own.

Focus on the bad instead of the good.

Procrastinate

Rush through life

Are you guilty of any of these habits? What if I told you that could all be taken away and all you have to do is one small thing?

That’s right. All you have to do is cast your worries, anxieties, and fears on the Lord. He is your savior and your comforter. He is alway there to protect you and guide you. What most of us forget is that he will take care of us. Our generation, along with future generations, get so caught up in daily routines and life schedules that we forget that everything is all part of HIS plan.

I have found myself recently on the floor asking how much more can happen before I break, but what I should have been doing was praying for him to take care of it.

One of the biggest struggles I have had in college is learning to trust that God will handle it. Although I don’t pray nearly as much as I need to, I have never been disappointed. God always finds a way to work in my life . Maybe my eyes have just been so clouded with chaos of work that I couldn’t see what he was doing before. Prayer has proven to rejuvenate my body and mind. I feel as though I can finally breathe again and the clouds part for me to see clearly how to accomplish the things I need to get done.

Psalm 55:22, “ Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.”

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!