This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Every day, we are bombarded with so many emotions. These emotions set in, as soon as we open our beautiful eyes to get our day started. Although it has been said that there are 27 distinct categories of emotions that shape our everyday experience, sometimes you can’t put a name, or facial expression to how you feel. That is where your strength comes into play – and I am not talking about physical strength. Girl, I am talking about mental strength.

We have a choice in life to either fall into the pit of burning fire, or to pick ourselves up when we face the hard-knocks of life by changing our mental mindset, and by pressing forward. I know, it can be a challenge, especially if you feel the resistance towards getting up in the mornings. Personally, I thought that I could fight my life battles by curling up in fetal position under my covers, and isolating myself from the world. I knew that I had to figure out a healthier alternative to dealing with life’s conflicts.

Trust me when I say this: you are NOT alone. You are absolutely stronger than you think, even if you have to take each day by the hour, by the minute, or by the second. Sometimes, when we are in a weak state in our lives, we don’t give ourselves enough credit. A gentle reminder – in this present moment, your troubles are temporary, and they are not forever. Life would not be valued as much without the trials and tribulations. Once you have weathered the storm, you will be honored, and elated. You are stronger than you think – all it takes is a change of mindset, and a force to keep moving through the resistance.

Junior, Mass Communication major with a concentration in Entertainment Management. Campus Corespondent and Campus Trendsetter for HC Brenau.