Stranded on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

It’s the weekend. You just took a Bio test and your roommate is begging you to stay the weekend on campus with her. You weigh the options: go home (like you do every weekend) or stay in your dorm and eat food from the gag. For some strange reason you stay on campus, but what is there to do? Staying for the weekend can be fun! There’s soccer games, volleyball games, basketball (when in season), and plenty of things to do in The Square or surrounding areas. Check out some of my favorite things to do when I’m on campus for the weekend:

1. Paint & Party

Located right off the square, Paint & Party is a great place to go to paint a masterpiece. Bring your friends and make it a party. Paint & Party even allows you to bring your own snacks and drinks. If you are of age you can even bring alcohol to sip while you paint! Here’s their phone number for more info: 678-928-1100!

2.  The Oaks Miniature Golf Course

Mini golf is always so much fun! Gather your friends and head over! They sell ice cream and food too. Plus it’s also a good date spot! For more info call: 404- 401-8007!

3. Shopping in the Square

Who could go wrong with shopping?! The Square has great places to shop as well as eat! There is Dress Up, JR Criders, The Collegiate, Inman Perk, Atlas Pizza, The Monkey Barrel, and District 101 to name a few. Most of these stores and restaurants even offer a discount for students, make sure to bring your student ID and ask when you check out!

4. Dahlonega

Less than 30 minutes away from campus is a pretty little town called Dahlonega, GA. This little town has a cute downtown that has restaurants and shops. There is even a festival held every year called Gold Rush in the fall. This year, Gold Rush is being held on October 17-18. If you aren’t into that, there are many hiking trails that are easy for beginners and have great views!

5. Gainesville Bowling

Who doesn’t love to bowl?! This great place even has deals throughout the week and stays open until 1 am on the weekends. For more info call 770-536-5563 or check out their website!

6. Atlanta Botanical Garden, Gainesville

The Atlanta Botanical Garden just made it into Gainesville and has many great attractions that change throughout the year. The admission is only $8 and gets the visitor into all parts of the garden! For more info call: 404-888-4760 or check out their website!

7. Brenau Athletics

Always check out the Athletics schedule if you have tried everything and don’t know what to do! Admission to sport events for Brenau students is free, so there isn’t an excuse not to go! For updates of all athletic schedule check out www.brenautigers.com !

Staying on campus for the weekend can be fun! Give it a shot if you haven’t, you will make new friends and create new memories!

PR/Journalism Major at Brenau University. Brenau Golf Team. Alpha Delta Pi.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!