The Oh-So Fabulous, Lauren Bell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Lauren Bell, one of our outstanding faculty members at Brenau, is our campus celebrity this week!

Bell received her undergraduate in Psychology at Georgia South Western University in Americus, GA and her master’s degree in higher education administration at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA.

Bell is the assistant director of student life here at Brenau University, which requires a wide range of tasks.

“I advise Student Activities Board (SAB), Student Government Activities (SGA), and peer assistants, she explained, “I oversee event registration, student organization registration, and founding of new organizations. I also plan orientation programs. Sometimes I serve on homecoming committee, international task force, and other random things wherever I’m needed on campus.”

When she was asked her favorite part of her position she stated that seeing students grow through their years here was one of the most enjoyable parts of her job.

“Just in my two years here I’ve seen shy and timid students grow into strong leaders and so that is one of the most entertaining part of my job; just seeing people come out of their shell and grow.” Bell beamed, “and another favorite part I forgot to say, I love cotillion. It’s my favorite project the whole year!”

Bell is excited for the next SAB event on Oct. 27, where students have the opportunity to make pink or purple headbands. These headbands can then be worn to the Girl Power Hour Convocation on Oct. 29 to support awareness for Breast Cancer and domestic violence. For more information on these events, check out This Week at Brenau in your student e-mail.

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!