This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Now we all know what it is like to have a favorite author and having to wait years for the next book to come out.  am one of those people who constantly has a book on her To-Be-Read, TBR, pile that is not due to come out for at least another year but I am also an author.

Over the summer I finally got up the courage to pitch my novel to a publishing company and to my absolute surprise they actually loved the idea behind it. That was the hard part for me being as shy as I am talking to someone on the phone about a novel concept that I had come up with while sitting in a bamboo forest staring at birds. I had no idea what to say, so I just blurted it all out.

Now the medium part, actually writing the novel itself. I had originally thought of the concept three years ago as a sophomore in college but did not start writing until a year ago. That was a lot of planning and just development as I wanted to do something unique in a post-Harry Potter world. Not as easy as it seems guys!

But while my idea of being accepted by a company is great and has me really excited, the time and motivation to write even one scene is fleeting, coming and going like leaves on a tree. College papers don’t help with that as you have the stress of doing well in classes, extracurricular activities and then throw on a deadline from your publishing company and you are left a burnt-out husk. Maybe that is why I have not written the next scene in the book yet…who knows?

Junior, Mass Communication major with a concentration in Entertainment Management. Campus Corespondent and Campus Trendsetter for HC Brenau.