The Shortcuts of Brandeis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Between striving in the classroom and laboring in the gym, you have earned this template of shortcuts.  This guide will save you minutes of travel to and from the most popular spots on campus.

Library or Usdan to Gosman Athletic Center If you’re making for the gym, don’t waste time traveling around Usdan or Usen Castle.  Run through the alley separating Goldsmith and Pearlman Hall.  It will lead you right to the Squire Bridge which takes you above South Street and directly to Gosman.

Lower Campus Campus (Massell Quad) to Upper Campus If you’re coming from Massell Quad try using the slight hill behind the Sherman basketball hoop to get to Upper Campus.  It will bring you to Rosenthal Quad—exit the grounds and continue up the hill abutting Chapels Field.  You’ll definitely save a bit of time!

Village to Sherman This is a mini shortcut but has ultra value on these frigid January days!  Cut through the SCC for a momentary zap and return to the cold, hard winter for a brief moment before making it to Sherman!

Mandel Center of Humanities to Olin-Sang Getting to class in Olin-Sang from Mandel (or contrariwise) is a drag if you’re not filled in on a very convenient detail—the buildings are conjoined! Use the staircase to travel between buildings quickly and easily.  Stop at the food stand outside of Olin-Sang 101 if you’re hungry!

Gosman To Sherman Leaving the gym and heading to Sherman for some post-workout chow? Don’t take the Squire Bridge!  Instead cross South Street, walk through Brandeis’ main entrance and up through the Bernstein-Marcus Administration Center.  You’ll be there in no time—carb up!

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.