Meet the Staff: Becca Wiser ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Becca Wiser

Year: 2019

Hometown: South Florida

Majors: I’m planning on creating an IIM about Nutrition and Food Studies

Her Campus: What attracted you to Brandeis?

Becca Wiser: I loved the school’s tight-knit community, stance on social justice, the leadership and involvement opportunities it presented, and its close proximity to the city.

HC: What has been your favorite Brandeis memory so far?

BW: Spending snow days (1) with my friends. I hadn’t experienced winter before coming to Massachusetts (as noted earlier, I’m a Florida girl!), so it was really exciting for me.

HC: What advice do you have for incoming first years?

BW: Try not to overthink everything. College seems super intimidating, but I promise it gets very familiar and normal. Just trust that everything will work out!

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

BW: I’d love to have a thriving career helping people live healthier and happier lives. I hope that by then, I will have traveled, explored, and become a very independent, resourceful woman. I’d also love to start a family relatively young. Overall,  I just want to be very happy and fulfilled (and depending on what’s  important to me at that stage in my life, these could all change).

Quick Facts: I’m vegan, I have two sisters (one’s my twin), I love running, writing, and exploring new places.  

Secret Talent: I’ve been told I’m very good at packing suitcases ;) So if you need to magically fit a LOT of stuff in your luggage, you now know who to come to!

Favorite Movie: Bridget Jones’ Diary

Favorite Spot on Campus: Massel pond

Favorite Song of the Moment: Gwen Stefani’s “Make Me Like you”

Favorite Boston Attraction: Walking around Boston Common (especially in the fall)

Favorite Class at Brandeis: Women and American Pop Culture

Prized Possession: Anything food related!

Mya is a sophomore at Brandeis University. She is an Education major with minors in African and Afro-American Studies and Anthropology. When she’s not writing, you can find Mya playing for the Brandeis women’s soccer team or attempting to navigate Boston. She also enjoys dancing and is a firm believer that what she lacks in technique she can make up in enthusiasm. She’s originally from sunny South Florida and can frequently be seen sporting her winter coat indoors. Follow her on Instagram @myagoodman for sporadic postings of her life!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.