Five Pumpkin Recipes to Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

A few weeks ago, my roommate and I tested out this recipe for Pumpkin Bars.  We tweaked the recipe slightly by adding chocolate chips and foregoing the cream cheese frosting.  The result? The perfect pumpkin chocolate chip bars.  They were wonderfully pumpkin-y, moist and totally addicting.  The best part is, they were super easy to make.  This is definitely a recipe to try if you need a pumpkin chocolate fix.   

Real Pumpkin Spice Latte

I have never tried this recipe for homemade PSL, but it is from Bon Appétit magazine’s website, so it is bound to be good.  I am not a coffee drinker, but just looking through the recipe has me ready to convert.  

Pumpkin Cheesecake

My sister made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving a couple years back and it was sooo good!  I think I probably ate half the cake myself.  I just couldn’t get enough of it! The recipe is very simple, but make sure to plan ahead because this cheesecake needs four hours to set after baking!

Butternut Squash Risotto

Yes, I know, technically butternut squash is not a pumpkin, but they belong to the same family.  This is something my mom makes a lot during squash season.  It’s one of those dishes that seems fancy and complicated, but it is actually pretty easy to make.  This recipe calls for pancetta and saffron, which can be a little pricey for somebody on a college budget, so you can leave those out.  At home, we always add some roughly chopped sage to add a little extra flavor. 

Chocolate Chunk-Pumpkin Seed Cookies

This is another recipe I haven’t tried, but once again, it’s from Bon Appétit.  Plus, Bon Appétit actually borrowed this recipe from Gjusta, which just happens to be one of my favorite cafes in Venice, CA.  Just look at the picture.  They look amazing! 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.