10 Clever Pun Costumes

Want to stray from the customary black cat costume this Halloween? Us too. If you’re feeling like being crowned the queen of wit this year, take a look at these awesome original and genius pun-inspired costumes.

1.      Holy guacamole

Or an equally awesome alternative—Holy Cow.

2.      Black mail

This one’s incredibly easy—as long as you have black clothing and some envelopes lying around, it’s a great last-minute getup.

3.      Social butterfly

We know you can’t get enough of Insta, Twitter, Snapchat, and Tumblr. Flap your wings this Halloween like the social [media] butterfly you are.

4.      French toast

Might be a little harder to find material big enough to make into toast, but top it off with some butter and a beret and it’ll be so worth it!

5.      Spice girls

An adorable idea for you and your squad. Who needs Posh, Ginger, Scary, Baby and Sporty when you've got Basil, Nutmeg and Paprika?

6.      Deviled eggs

While you won’t look as though you’re about to drag innocent people to hell, this Deviled Eggs costume is quite frankly, an eggcellent pick.

7. Dust bunny

Hope no one has a dust allergy at your Halloween party. Put together a quick bunny costume and a feather duster and you’re good to go.

8. Bread winner

Finally your soccer medals can be put to good use! No real costume required here for your pun game to be strong.

9. Nickelback

Enough said. You’re pretty much golden if you have a hot glue gun and don’t solely rely on WhoCash for a money source.

10.  Vampire weekend

Nothing scarier than Indie pop music. Ezra Koenig’s got nothing on this bunch.

Happy costume-ing- make us proud!