Getting Back to the Social Life on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Returning to campus after online schooling can create a mix of social anxiety and nervousness. However, being able to see your friends again or meet new people can also create the feeling of going back to normal.

Now, if you are feeling a sense of nervousness about how to interact with others, the best way to start is to look at your university’s back-to-school activities. Every campus has different events around the first few weeks back on campus, which makes it easier to make new friends. 

For example, Bradley has a Black Community Mixer, LGBTQ+ community mixer, LatinX community mixer, and Asian community mixer, where there is an environment for individuals with similar cultural or related backgrounds to meet and create a safe space for them on campus. 

Other events that took place on campus were the Taste of Bradley, which is similar to the Taste of Chicago, different food vendors come out for individuals to try their food, which also creates a great space to connect with others.

Another way to get socially involved is to check out the sports or clubs around campus. This is a great way to meet new people and enjoy the things you may love to do. This is another great opportunity to gain leadership skills, and as the years go on, you could pick up executive positions. 

Also, don’t be afraid to speak to someone in the dining halls or cafes around campus. Sometimes you might have the best conversation while eating a burger in the dining areas. 

Therefore, push yourself to be more social around campus! I think having those social connections can become the highlight of your college experience. I think it enhances your experience because it opens your eyes to new people and the opportunity to create memories with the ones you connect with.  

Kianna Goss

Bradley U '22

Hi my name is Kianna, I am a journalism major with a double minor in sociology and advertising with public relations. I enjoy creative writing, traveling, and trying out new recipes.