The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
A Breath of fresh air in spring
Imagine, it’s the middle of the day in the beginning of April and the the sky is cloudy but the sun peeks through every now and then. There is a soft blanket underneath you and the book you’re reading is so good you just can’t put it down. But, you look up for a minute and flowers in the open field are spread out all around you from tulips to primrose to daffodils. Dark blue grey clouds in the sky blend with a variety of purple, yellow, orange, and pink flowers. Beautiful music is playing on the speaker next to you. Some of my favorites at the moment are listed below. Peace is created in this very moment; the calm before the storm. As you sit there for a little longer you finish the chapter and as you close your book a droplet hits the corner of the page. Now, you’re running through the field with the comfort of the blanket wrapped around you, and speaker and book in hand. Rain is pouring down now but you make it to the car and are smiling so hard because you just had such a sweet afternoon being present and embracing the simplicity of life.
- Just Yesterday by Sun Room: Makes me feel like I’m somewhere tropical on the beach and going on adventures.
- You Are a Camera by Pinkes: Makes me feel like I’m on a boat with the people I am closest with in my life and we’re dancing.
- On Your Own by Vacations: Makes me feel like I’m sitting in a cafe drinking tea and people-watching.
- Kiwi by Quarters of Change: Makes me feel like I’m on a bike ride and decide to stop by the pier and watch the waves.
- Sundown Syndrome by Tame Impala: Makes me feel like I’m at the top of a hill watching the sunset and have nothing to think about besides that very moment.
- Anything You Want by JAWNY: Makes me feel like I’m running in the spring and the cool warm air is in my hair.
- Ring of Past by Men I Trust: Makes me feel like I’m reading outside on the porch swing with the sun on my face.
- Disco at a Grave by Tony Jupiter: Makes me feel like I’m in my room and painting a colorful piece of art.
One droplet at a time
Seasons come and go and are times of change and growth just like the flowers bloom. They could use some droplets every now and then just like our minds and hearts. Be patient. Being at peace in the flowery fields again is possible even though the flowers in your past were blown over in a rainy storm. Seeds can be planted in the earth and we can start again and become stronger and create a new way of living.