Style > Beauty

The Ultimate Skincare Routine After a Workout 

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowie State chapter.

Isn’t it the best feeling to wash your face and take a shower after a workout? For me, since I usually feel both sweaty and dirty, I immediately want to cleanse my face. In general, I have dry to combination skin, so I always look for products that can hydrate and moisturize my skin. And, I finally found products that help me achieve the ultimate skincare routine after a workout!

With Estée Lauder’s 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser – a product in Estée Lauder’s newest skincare line Nutritious – not only does it remove all dirt and sweat from my pores after a great workout, but it also makes them appear smaller. I truly love this aspect because I have bigger pores and I’ve started to see the difference in their size. 

After using the cleanser, the next step in my post-workout skincare routine is to use the Nutritious Melting Soft Créme Mask, which is able to lock in moisture and hydrate my skin. Using both products after I exercise helps my acne to clear up, fade my dark spots, and make my face a lot softer and less dry. 

Check out my step-by-step routine when I leave the gym. It helps my skin prosper and can help yours, too! 

1. Take a shower and allow the steam and hot water to open up my pores. 
  2. Wet my face with warm water. 
  3. Apply Estée Lauder’s 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser and massage it into my skin. 
  4. Leave it for two minutes.
  5. Rinse my face with cold water to help minimize/close my pores.
  6. Gently dab off some excess water from the face. 
  7. Apply the Estée Lauder Nutritious Melting Soft Créme Mask, and massage it into my skin. 
  8. Leave it on for five minutes, then gently tissue off. 
  9. Apply sunscreen lotion.

I hope this routine works for another gym girlie like myself!

Khiya Derricott

Bowie State '23

Khiya is a senior majoring in Communications with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism at Bowie State University. She aspires to become a news anchor. She hopes to one day work for ESPN and intern with the NFL. She has interests in editorial writing, football, and foreign relations. Professional interests aside, her favorite color is purple. She loves to travel and to read books. In three words, she would describe herself as kind, adventurous, and tenacious.